350Z to M2

BLINDS122000

Hi everyone

Parting with my 350Z after a very enjoyable 8 years. Needing a more practical car with more seats and looking at getting a BMW M2.

Anybody gone from a 350z to a M2? or anybody with experience of the M2. Does the hype about them really live up to what they say?

:)

Cheers

Will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of months. Most people that were waiting for the M2C have in fact cancelled there orders and gone with the orignal M2 due to the very small changes made and the hideous S55 exhaust note. Also with the introduction of new m performance parts that will fit the new and old car. So at the moment I can't see there being a big shift in used M2 prices... let's wait and see 

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Source? 

Threads on Babybmw or f87 M2 forum but mainly and more surprisingly the two BMW dealers I've both been speaking too have said quite a few people have cancelled and gone with the current model instead. 

Fair enough. Two things strike me though, one being that I can’t see why people would prefer an older M car with a non-M engine with less power etc (although I do agree the S55 sounds dreadful!), and the other is that dealers may well have other motives for telling you that the model you’re after is now more sought after and thus no deals to be had... ;) 

I don’t doubt that some have changed their minds, but I think the new car is significantly more attractive in terms of what it offers than the old one for most, even if I’d be tempted to go with the older car too.