18" Wheels

Silverthorn

Hi All,

Just wanted to gauge peoples opinions and try and get a bit of info about running 18" wheels on the 370z.

I purchased my 370z a month or two ago and first tried to give the handling a bit of an improvement with BC coilovers and hardrace adjustable camber arms (uprated anti roll bars will be coming soon). But next on the list for me would be some new wheels.

I've always preferred the look of slightly smaller wheels on cars and the fact the wheels and tyres are often alot cheaper in 18" makes the choice very appealing.

Has anyone on here ran 18's before? if so, am i likely to run into ground clearance issues? caliper clearance?

Specifically i have been looking at these from tarmacsportz: 

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/alloy-wheels/cosmis-xt006r-wheels-18x11-et8-5x114-3-hyper-black.html

(I will be getting a smaller width for the front of course)

I'm also quite keen on the Enkei PF01's...

Any info on this would be great. Pictures always appreciated too:thumbs:

Cheers,

Tom

(excuse the excessive camber in the photo - camber arms hadn't been installed at this point)

32807826_2092823234070595_2881229053325475840_n.jpg

Edited by Silverthorn

Just now, mattross1313 said:

I can't be of much help, but I see threads over the the370z.com forum from time to time. could be more popular in the USA. You might get more info and data there :) 

Cheers mate.

I'll take a look over there now :)

• 4 months later...
On 24/05/2018 at 21:21, Silverthorn said:

Hi All,

Just wanted to gauge peoples opinions and try and get a bit of info about running 18" wheels on the 370z.

I purchased my 370z a month or two ago and first tried to give the handling a bit of an improvement with BC coilovers and hardrace adjustable camber arms (uprated anti roll bars will be coming soon). But next on the list for me would be some new wheels.

I've always preferred the look of slightly smaller wheels on cars and the fact the wheels and tyres are often alot cheaper in 18" makes the choice very appealing.

Has anyone on here ran 18's before? if so, am i likely to run into ground clearance issues? caliper clearance?

Specifically i have been looking at these from tarmacsportz: 

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/alloy-wheels/cosmis-xt006r-wheels-18x11-et8-5x114-3-hyper-black.html

(I will be getting a smaller width for the front of course)

I'm also quite keen on the Enkei PF01's...

Any info on this would be great. Pictures always appreciated too:thumbs:

Cheers,

Tom

(excuse the excessive camber in the photo - camber arms hadn't been installed at this point)

32807826_2092823234070595_2881229053325475840_n.jpg

I know it's abit late but I saw a 370z with 18" wheels at trax last weekend, I can't say I liked it but it didn't look bad.

Did you get 18" wheels in the end?

@Sim Yes I did mate - There's a few photos on my project thread here:

I was at Trax with my car so it may have been mine that you spotted.

I am in the process of selling the wheels though as going to 18's has made the car quite low... It's still useable but I'll  be going back to 19's as I'd rather have a little bit more ride height and a little bit less arch gap.

Plus with the addition of my recently purchase 2015 Nismo rear bumper I think the 18's will be too small to go with the large, flared body work.

Edited by Silverthorn

2 minutes ago, Silverthorn said:

@Sim Yes I did mate - There's a few photos on my project thread here:

I was at Trax with my car so it may have been mine that you spotted.

I am in the process of selling the wheels though as going to 18's has made the car quite low... It's still useable but I'll  be going back to 19's as I'd rather have a little bit more ride height and a little bit less arch gap.

Plus with the addition of my recently purchase 2015 Nismo rear bumper I think the 18's will be too small to go with the large, flared body work.

Cool, that's the one, I liked the stance and overall look but the wheels did look a bit small.

Are you getting same sort of style but in 19"?

@Sim Yeah I agree. In some photos it doesn't look too bad. I like this one from the show -

FB_IMG_1538994063355.jpg.a1e941387127d67e542c9d526f96e57c.jpg

But in other photos the wheels do look a little lost in those huge arches.

I think going to the Nismo rear bumper will only make that worse as well, hence them being replaced.

Wheel choice originally was a set of Work S1's but I just can't seem to find a set for sale anywhere second hand! I've even looked at importing a set but still no luck... There's no chance I'm paying nearly £4k for them new so that idea is out the window now

I'm just bought a set of Aodhan DS02's in their Vacuum Chrome. Getting them imported through Royal Speed Shop in California! They should be here within the next couple of weeks :)

FB_IMG_1539151449635.jpg.4804e141b3fd392a47c9e1e862ea2a3e.jpg

15 minutes ago, Silverthorn said:

@Sim Yeah I agree. In some photos it doesn't look too bad. I like this one from the show -

FB_IMG_1538994063355.jpg.a1e941387127d67e542c9d526f96e57c.jpg

But in other photos the wheels do look a little lost in those huge arches.

I think going to the Nismo rear bumper will only make that worse as well, hence them being replaced.

Wheel choice originally was a set of Work S1's but I just can't seem to find a set for sale anywhere second hand! I've even looked at importing a set but still no luck... There's no chance I'm paying nearly £4k for them new so that idea is out the window now

I'm just bought a set of Aodhan DS02's in their Vacuum Chrome. Getting them imported through Royal Speed Shop in California! They should be here within the next couple of weeks :)

FB_IMG_1539151449635.jpg.4804e141b3fd392a47c9e1e862ea2a3e.jpg

That top picture is great :)