AIT temps

jumping350

Does anyone know what my air intake temp is meant to be normally on my Vortech V2 on stock IAT sensor? or what range i should be in

Also has anyone added intercooler water spray and is it worth it?

Im looking to add a sensor somewhere in intercooler piping to see what difference is between the two

any help appreciated

Edited by jumping350

The Vortech IAT's will see around 70+ Deg C after a pull on a dyno. Remember the IAT sensor is in the Air flow meter so it is blow through 350Z . On the Stillen on the 370Z it is again in the Air flow meter but this is before the SC unit. 'One of the things we do when we fit a Stillen  SC unit is we fit a IAT in the plenum so the ECU sees Charged IAT's in the ECU.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark@Abbey m/s said:

The Vortech IAT's will see around 70+ Deg C after a pull on a dyno. Remember the IAT sensor is in the Air flow meter so it is blow through 350Z . On the Stillen on the 370Z it is again in the Air flow meter but this is before the SC unit. 'One of the things we do when we fit a Stillen  SC unit is we fit a IAT in the plenum so the ECU sees Charged IAT's in the ECU.

My temp sensor is after the charger now as I'm running the a2a set up and a massive treadstone intercooler has Seen the temps way down on the water system 

Like Marc said mine on the stillen kit would hit 70 degree :headhurt:

it was 28 sitting still on start up should of said, it doesnt half creep up though in traffic but driving round today how i do, it doesnt go anywhere near 70 so all good.

slightly concerned about traffic as i drive around London a lot and bound to get caught up in stand still/slow creeping traffic on a hot day at some point (maybe tommorow as im going through Blackwall Tunnel!)

Would an inter cooler water spray help keep temps down in this situation (my mate has given me a kit) or anything else that would help? or generally am i worrying about nothing and it will be ok

11 hours ago, jumping350 said:

it was 28 sitting still on start up should of said, it doesnt half creep up though in traffic but driving round today how i do, it doesnt go anywhere near 70 so all good.

slightly concerned about traffic as i drive around London a lot and bound to get caught up in stand still/slow creeping traffic on a hot day at some point (maybe tommorow as im going through Blackwall Tunnel!)

Would an inter cooler water spray help keep temps down in this situation (my mate has given me a kit) or anything else that would help? or generally am i worrying about nothing and it will be ok

As long as it's not mapped within a inch of its life which i doubt it is it should be fine 

Just let it get a bit of air flow through it before you thrash it if you have been sat heatsoaking 

• 1 month later...
On 18/04/2018 at 21:37, nissanman312 said:

My temp sensor is after the charger now as I'm running the a2a set up and a massive treadstone intercooler has Seen the temps way down on the water system 

Like Marc said mine on the stillen kit would hit 70 degree :headhurt:

How much difference did you see in IAT temps between your stock vortech cooler and your treadstone one? I presume you bought the TR1245 / TR1235?

2 hours ago, wizard said:

How much difference did you see in IAT temps between your stock vortech cooler and your treadstone one? I presume you bought the TR1245 / TR1235?

I never ran a vortech cooler before I ran the stillen charge cooler which just didn't work well at all 

Not sure on the exact model I'll find out for you 

Sorry I'm taking about 370 kits 

My bad

Edited by nissanman312

45 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

I never ran a vortech cooler before I ran the stillen charge cooler which just didn't work well at all 

Not sure on the exact model I'll find out for you 

Sorry I'm taking about 370 kits 

My bad

Yes that's fine even if it's for the 370z. What were the temps before and after on Stillen charge cooler before you went to treadstone? Sorry made an assumption that it was Vortech.

My temps with the stillen charge cooler would struggle to drop below 40 degree no matter what the ambient was and get as high as 60 on a blast 

With the air to air and treadstone set up with the stillen cooler removed from the inlet manifold 

I see a constant 4/6 above ambient no matter what I do 

• Like 1

Your drops are fantastic - I'm seeing similar numbers to what you were prior to your TS upgrade.

What I realised was the faster and higher sustained RPM = higher AIT's. This is with the stock Vortech IC.

See attached graph was taken on a 25c+ day recently.

iat.png

Edited by wizard
  • Like 1

Great info above guys really interesting stuff, its crazy how ambient temp can make such a difference to the running and efficiency really hot days is a killer at the moment as I live in London and struggle to get enough air through the system at the best of times. but mild day and temps stay constant and in an area im happy with..will be an interesting summer :lol:

• Like 1