Vortech Bracket

scobie140

Fitted my bracket today.

bracket.png.1b8807784794c97bfc78a3cac8c380cd.png

It's going to need a little fine tuning to get it to sit better but should do the job fine. I never took the car a drive as it's not quite ready for that yet but did notice that the resonance noise from the charger is amplified into the cabin now. I'm assuming its because its a solid connection to the chassis now and not through the rubber engine mounts.

Have any of you guys who have fitted the one from torqen had this issue?

Any ideas on a solution?

I was thinking possibly some sort of fibre washer might help dampen the vibration?

I've cut a bit of 1/4" rubber I'll stick between the supercharger bracket and the angle iron and see how it goes.

I've found vibration bobbins for mounting machinery that I could possibly try but don't want anything that will flex too much and defeat the purpose of the bracket, trial and error I suppose.

Just curious how the guys who have similar fitted have found it.

• Like 1

have you fitted the the other 90ish degree little bracket? doesnt look like its there in your pic? not sure how much of a difference it will make but looks like there is meant to be another bit there from google pics.

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/turbos-superchargers/belts-pulleys-oil/1769-350z-de-vortech-superchager-bracket-stiffener-trq-350brktde-revup.html

Are you getting belt slip?

Edited by jumping350

On 4/16/2018 at 08:11, jumping350 said:

have you fitted the the other 90ish degree little bracket? doesnt look like its there in your pic? not sure how much of a difference it will make but looks like there is meant to be another bit there from google pics.

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/turbos-superchargers/belts-pulleys-oil/1769-350z-de-vortech-superchager-bracket-stiffener-trq-350brktde-revup.html

Are you getting belt slip?

I didn't bother with that extra bracket just now, my plan was to just go with the one bracket and see if the belt jumped a rib again. 

I didn't have belt slip before but it did jump a rib once near the end of the year and made a mess of the belt. 

I wouldn't imagine the other bracket making any difference to the noise/vibration transfer?

so its your drive belt slipping? tightened ok? you have pulley mod to, im guessing 3.12 pulley? is that pulley in a good state? ive heard they can wear smooth and this can cause slipping from time to time

Ive got all your bits also but unfitted and yet to slip yet (was going to do it as and when)

Edited by jumping350

Try fitting the bracket like it was meant to be? I have one and it doesn’t make extra noise, yours could possibly move around and the rod looks very close to the s/c bracket which it could be vibrating against, but if you use the other bracket this won’t happen as the spacing will be corrected 

Cheers for the pic :thumbs: Given me some food for thought. I just winged it with my design, only thing I measured was the distance between the holes in the strut brace :lol:

@evilscorp when you fitted yours did you pre load the bar under compression or leave it with a little play?

After a few trial and errors this is how I've left it for now. Battery is dead so never run it up to see if it's any better or not.

20180417_173428.jpg.1b88d3de6c894676b6b27a26c8384648.jpg

I can't see the 2nd bracket doing much for the sound deadening as it will still be metal to metal same as the top bracket.

I think I'll turn the bar down a bit as its a bit ott and i'll make another bracket for the strut bar with the hole further out so I can mount the rose joint underneath it and keep it sitting squarer. Probably replace the nut I've used as a spacer with a proper spacer.

scobie140, it looks better with the nut spacing out from the bracket but you might need to try some other stuff too so things don't vibrate, I think i put a tiny bit of tension on the rod but hand but can't remember, i will see if i still have the instructions it came with.