Great YT vid on Ceramic Coating vs Waxing

hmale4yu

Really liked this video outlining Ceramic Coating and comparing to waxing and thought I'd share

I think the key with the former is finding someone reliable and decent enough to get it done, in the future reapply and rectify any scratches in the ceramic coating

• Like 1

It's a very simplified overview with more than a hint of an agenda and there are some clear inaccuracies in there too; "coating's have to be removed to resolve scratches, unlike waxing". There's literally no difference between the two when dealing with scratches. Polishing to remove scratches will remove both coating and a wax. It could even be argued that you're actually more likely to remove more paint when polishing a waxed car than a coated car as well, which is a finite layer so removing less is a benefit.

The whole "you need to polish for hours if not days before you can apply a coating" is again just outright wrong. It's better to, in the same way it's better to do the exact same amount of prep work prior to applying a wax. Again, literally no difference between the two.

The idea that coatings are some sort of magical substance that only 3 people in whole entire world can apply is just rubbish. There are a number of coatings that are as easy, if not more so, to use as certain waxes. Granted, they're need to used differently, but if you can learn how use a wax properly, you can learn how to use coatings too.

Don't even get me started on the whole "permanent" thing, that's just oversimplified to the point of being inaccurate.

The differences between using a wax or using a coating; Coatings are a little less forgiving when improperly applied. Coating's last longer. Waxing requires less curing time. That's about it really.

• Like 1