Rear suspension issues

Doug426

Hi all, 

A few general issues with the rear suspension on my 350. Car was put in for mot yesterday and failed on a few things (nsf banana arm bush was knackered and rear brake lines corroded) which were sorted out. Seems she’s in a poor state that I want to get right. However whilst having these things sorted a few other issues cropped up.

list of issues. 

Ns rear shock weeping and needs replacing, no idea how it was missed on the mot.

wheel alignment is out on all four wheels, however they (being the local tyre fitters) couldn’t loosen the rear camber or toe bolts (even with a lot of heat) to adjust without risking putting it off the road, so have left for now.

my questions are these, 

1. Looking for reasonably priced Oem standard shocks to replace, have no real need of uprated shocks, after looking around (and getting quoted stupid prices from dealer) I’ve not really come up with anything, are there any oem part sellers that can provide the shocks?

2. I need to get new rear toe and camber bolts before the 4 wheel alignment can be done, everywhere I look it comes up with the spc bolt kits but this requires “adjustments” to the mountings, is this really the best option when not planning to modify?

thanks in advance for any help. :)