the hot hatch family...plus the Zed!

S1 HNK

just going through some pics on my computer and came across this one i thought id share with you.

it was a couple of years before my parents went all sensible and bought diesels.

r32 - mum

350z - dad

focus rs - mine

civic type r - bro

used to be great on family occasions because we'd all decide to drive!! :teeth:

it sure was, the Zed would arrive first with the RS close behind.

I drove all these cars extensively and they were all great in their own right.

The biggest dissapointment was the R32 which felt very sluggish compared with the other 3. On paper its right up there and on wet roads the 4wd advantage could be seen but in the dry it didnt deliver. I know EVO magazine raved about this car but all 4 of us shared this view which was strange.

We literally had every hot hatch on the market over the years, i had a leon cupra R, bro had a 147 GTA, clio 172 cup.

The alfa was no doubt my favourite, comedy fuel consumption but incredible engine note and the feeling your in something special.

Chuffed to bits with the Zed now, i thought i was always going to be a hot hatch driver but the Zed is much more grown up and there is nothing that can compare for the money.

Was filling up in manchester last week and some guy (mid 40's), asked what my car was? I said a nissan and his face was a picture. He said he looked like its a 60k car and was very complimentary. I have realised that my car doesnt say Nissan on it once so could understand the confusion :lol:

nice. B)

Friend has an RS and its a great car. A few niggles but nice to drive and with similar performance to the Zed. Clio was very similar as was the Civic however it was reliable but abit less fun.

The Zed is still one of the Best all round sports cars.