Engine code P1273 - Bank 1 lean condition

Olly350z

Evening everyone, after a bit of advice.

Had the car remapped in September by Abbey Motorsport due to numerous modifcations including full exhaust and sports cats, and its been fine until last week in which the familar ECU light has come back. 

When it was remapped it had the secondary Lamda's switched off, so when it came back I was curious. As it turned out it was code P1273 - Air / fuel sensor 1 Bank 1 lean condition. I spoke to Mark and he advised to switch it off, and see if it came back. Well, its coming back nearly daily now, the same code every single time. 

20171208_193900.thumb.jpg.622ddeac48e1ee035b8f3aaa830c0ae8.jpg

Mark advised that I should try rotating the sensors round, and see if that cures it before splashing out on two new sensors which is a valid idea, but how likely is this going to be a fix? Or is it a dead sensor? 

Is there any other sensor that could cause this code? Its been perfect since the remapping until this where Ive also noticed its drinking fuel like no tomorrow. Any input happily recieved, just want the light out now! 

So swap the post cat lamda sensors round with the pre cat senors? Or swap them left to right? 

If its the former then your saying I should then see the secondary bank come on if its a duff sensor? Even though I had them switched off withthe remap? 

If you were asking me on a professional basis I would have to recommend that you do not drive the car with the EML on until the issue is diagnosed /fixed.

However on a personal basis if you have no option but to drive the car then I would not drive the car in earnest and I would keep the revs below 3000 rpm.

Worst case scenario, running lean will cause detonation which may result in engine failure.

So an update to this which has left me further confused :headhurt:Ive not driven it in about two weeks after that code kept repeatedly coming on. Did the pedal dance today, have taken it out with half a tank of fresh Vpower, given it a skinful in places and absolutely nothing. No code and didnt miss a beat! 

Whats going on!