First fail.... and a random arm?

AMT

Ok so at around 99k miles the old beast has failed an MOT for the first time. The stay tunnel bracket 'W' shaped thing at the rear. Not surprised, I know they rot away.....so parts in price fine, went to fit it today then got a call from Infiniti advising when they took it off theres another arm or sumthn that was falling apart anf that needs to be replaced. Apparebtly the other side is ok.

My question is what other arm or thing thats connected or near the big crossmember brace thing? I cant be bothered to hunt but they said the part from them would be £160. Anyone shed a bit more light on this?

I will speak to the guys when I go in as I get on with the master tech fine, its jst the front desk that called so I'm a bit unsure of what it is lol cars now in til' Fri or mon depending on part delivery.

It will be the end brackets.

I always recommend replacing the end brackets when replacing the "W" bracing.

I sell the complete OEM genuine Nissan kit including all hardware.

ie: "W" bracing, both end brackets, all hardware for £395.00.

Alex.

• Like 2

Ah I see. Well apparently, cos that was my first point...the other side is ok. (tbh I'm not forking out all that cash just now lol so one side will be done and the other when needed ...although I will have a detailed chat when I go back and maybe ask to see underneath to get a better idea). Just wasn't sure what this other bit would be. Good times.... god almighty the amount I spend on this car it better bloody last me for at least another 2 year as I plan to keep it and see how it goes lol

Thanks for the info Alex! 

Edited by AMT

Turns out nothing wrong with the end bracket, was solid except for the usual surface rust, they just simply couldn't get the bolts off lol. Stay brace thing fitted,end bracket fitted, passed! No advisories, still going strong! lol