P1146 + P1147 FAULT CODES

Scottvftf

About 3 months ago I got these codes pop up and cleared them to see if they came back, about 2 weeks later they came back on and I decided to clean the MAF sensor to see if it made a difference. Again, stayed off for about 2 weeks and came back on. Now if I clear the code it basically comes on within 5 minutes of driving. 

Although, if I clear the code in the morning, then drive 25 minutes to work it wont come on. It's always 5 minutes into my journey home, I guess this is probably to do with an over night cold start in the morning so the car is running richer to warm up? So the system isn't running as lean as the sensor seems to detect (I do warm the engine for a few minutes before driving too).

What would you suggest the next step would be? Is it worth changing the MAF sensor all together or just put it into a garage to see if its something else?

Also to be noted, I fitted a fresh air filter when I cleaned the MAF sensor so I know that it isn't dirty or restricting airflow etc

Thanks guys :)

Screenshot_20170815-172708.png

Screenshot_20170815-172716.png

Screenshot_20170815-172700.png

Possible causes Faulty heated oxygen (O2) sensor 2 (rear) Intake air leaks Heated oxygen (O2) sensor 2 (rear) harness is open or shorted Heated oxygen (O2) sensor 2 (rear) circuit poor electrical connection Inappropriate fuel pressure Faulty fuel injectors.

However, my experience is that replacing the O2 Sensor 2 usually takes care of the problem.

However if you have changed your cats recently then I would also be looking at that.

Alex.

Thanks :) So from what other info I've gathered, bank 2 is passenger side and sensor 2 would be post cat?

Would there be any way of telling if it was just a sensor or wether the system is actually running lean from the emissions test? Cause I did literally just have my MOT last week and I guess if it was running lean that would show in the test?

Thanks again!

I had these codes for months before changing my rear bank 2 sensor. I popped to my local indy and they plugged in a diagnostic reader and confirmed it. Since fitting HFCs and having the Uprev I just had them taken offline. 

Unlikely but a failed cat can also bugger about with post sensors.

You could also try giving the sensor connections underneath a clean but more than likely it's buggered.

Edited by Zeezeebaba