Hi guys!!!

Hey everyone, yet to buy a zed and for that fact yet to get my license!!! I'm turning 17 in October and want to start building a track focused 350 that I could use on the weekends. Currently looking at buying guides and looking how much the car would cost me in total. I hope to be in this forum until the 350 dies and I inevitably want more power and go with a 370

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

When you say to use on weekends are you thinking of just a track based 350 or hoping to drive it on the roads? 

If it's the latter I think you'll struggle to find insurance at your age for a car like this or if you do they'll want a ridiculous amount of money and no doubt with a black box installed in the car. 

Sorry not trying to put a downer on it, more make you aware. Doesn't mean it won't happen though. ;)

Good luck with your Zed hunt. :thumbs:

Some buyers guide videos here: 

99% of the time on track but I'll get a days insurance here and there to drive it on the road, and believe me I've seen the price of stock zed on insurance let alone a modified one. I'll probably have it insured full time by my dad to keep the car on the move and then I'll use it on track.

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice, much appreciated.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matt_Tucker said:

99% of the time on track but I'll get a days insurance here and there to drive it on the road, and believe me I've seen the price of stock zed on insurance let alone a modified one. I'll probably have it insured full time by my dad to keep the car on the move and then I'll use it on track.

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice, much appreciated.

That's cool then and seems like you've done your research. ;) 

I know it's not easy or cheap when you're younger trying to get insurance for any car, let alone a decent or performance car. Thinking about it, ...not even that easy or cheap when you get older either tbh . :surrender::lol:

10 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

That's cool then and seems like you've done your research. ;) 

I know it's not easy or cheap when you're younger trying to get insurance for any car, let alone a decent or performance car. Thinking about it, ...not even that easy or cheap when you get older either tbh . :surrender::lol:

It's for any car a 1.2 Micra is around 3k then a zed is around 8k with a box. I have done my research and know what sort of car build I want 

Welcome, got my 350 at 21 and the insurance wasn't too bad at that stage, so if you keep hold of it for a while (and believe me, you'll want to) then you should be alright for road use after a couple of years. However it has skyrocketed recently for some reason after another year driving it, think the prices are on the rise big time.