Anyone watches "The Apprentice" ?

Removed

I think it's hilarious.

Funnily enough there's cases of textbook bad management in each week's episodes, by the so-called team leaders.

Given the titles they have (lawyers, management consultants (!) etc) surely these guys/girls should know how to handle certain situations?????

:wacko:

That poor Alan Sugar thought these guys are supposed to be the best in the Country... somehow I doubt it.... :lol:

i can't stand that woman with the frizzy hair. she was such a poor leader the other week when they had to go buy the 10 different things. anyone with an ounce of leadership or management training could see she was micromanaging and didn't trust the others = all wrong. i';m convinced they keep her in just to make good tv, like nasty nick on big brother or something.

Yeah, they dont pick them for their ability alone - otherwise it would be full of poker faced, hard nosed business folk.

They have to pick them based on how well they think they will get on with other people, and their overall character. Its got to be good television.

Its a tough balancing act for Sugar, as he has to make sure that there are people in the mix that he feels he can employ on 100K, but also to make sure he delivers the ratings to the BBC. Im guessing depending on the viewing figures, Sugar will be getting enough in kickbacks from the Beeb to cover the winners salary for a good while anyway.

Havent watched last nights episode, so Ill be off this topic until I have - LOL.

last night was a classic example of indecision from the girl who go sacked in the end. Mind you the mong who ordered random amount of stuff BY PHONE as they forgot to check the opening hours of the wholesalers should have been kicked up the ass too :boxing:

let's do.... hmmmmm....... erm........ FIVE HUNDRED PIZZAS! :lol:

:wacko:

they are all a bunch of idiots with very high opinions of themselves - the bloke leading the girls was a patronising, sexist knob, but was glossed over cos they werent quite as bad as the other lot

Yes quite agree , but if they were all efficient it wouldnt make good TV, I like car crash TV like ever one else , the bigger the **** ups the more I like it :thumbs:

Abolutely unmissable - I love the way they stumble for answers when AMS asks 'OK then never mind all that bollocks - why shouldn't I fire YOU!'

That Alexa really couldn't think of any reason at all and neither could I. i hope none of her prospective future employers were watching - not a good addition to the old CV was it.....

oh yes, certainly is car crash tv. - not as cringeworthy as 'the andersons', on straight after though.

these people are idiots - they stumble for answers when he asks, why should I not fire you. Having been there several weeks, you would think they would have figured out he MAY ask that question :yuck:

:lol: yeah that's the good stuff BUT at least they have to do it to the other's face and not just bitch behind their backs, which seems to be the national sport in every office of this country :teeth:

so you work with women too?? B)

Most I ever had working for me was 35. 20 in Leicester and 15 in Chesterfield.

It was good, but when it comes round to writing performance reviews for 35 people, it gets a ball ache! The travelling between the two locations was a pain in the backside too.

I prided myelf on not using cut and paste too, which meant I actually had to sit down and think about every individual.

Now I have nobody working for me. I left to work in the family business about 18 months ago.

Most I ever had working for me was 35. 20 in Leicester and 15 in Chesterfield.

It was good, but when it comes round to writing performance reviews for 35 people, it gets a ball ache! The travelling between the two locations was a pain in the backside too.

I prided myelf on not using cut and paste too, which meant I actually had to sit down and think about every individual.

Now I have nobody working for me. I left to work in the family business about 18 months ago.

jeesus 35 ppl is a lot, fair enough with the apparaisals writing :lol: I'll make sure I only have middle management under which'll do that for the masses ;):lol: