Fittings costs Veilside V1

tmJak

does £400 - £500 sound right for painting and fitting full V1 kit?

i've no chance of fitting it myself so will need professional help and recommended body shops have politely told me where to go. i have got someone willing to fit it but thats the price i'm looking at. don't mind paying it as long as i'm not getting taken roughly from behind. :headhurt:

Why won't others fit it?

Is it fibreglass or something? I'm not sure on the quality of vieldside, I know it's a 'good' brand but that doesn't mean much!

Is it front valance, side skirts only? Or is there rear spats too?

it's the front and rear under spoilers, and side spats. the front and rear seem like urethane, and the side spats are fibreglass (i am guessing here as i don't actually know, the front and rear are quite bendy, but the side spats are solid).

the kit is genuine veilside and from a reputable seller but there are some issues with fitment in some cases. 2 body shops have refused to fit it because it may require shaving, and they don't think that the time it will take to fit properly will make it worth their while (i'd have thought if i was paying what does it matter, they charge by the hour don't they?)

Sounds like a fair price to me as well.

I paid £170 to have a rear spoiler fitted and painted.

cheers mate. never had a kit fitted before so no idea how much it would cost or what was involved. if it sounds fair i'm happy with it.

That does sound like a decent price. I think generally its down to how complex the bodykit is to fit that usually eats up the cash. If its a decent quality kit, it should all go on quite quickly. From what I've heard Veilside kits are very well made so should be a doddle for them :)

i know there's a bit of interest at the moment on this site with the v1 kit so i'll keep you all posted with how it fits and of course pics.

got some more visual mods planned so expect a few new threads from me soon. :thumbs: