I/D of balance lines for washer bottle

scobie140

Does anyone have a spare washer bottle lying around they could measure the I/D of the balance line connections?

I need to make plugs for mine so I can remove the other bottle on the passenger side to allow my intercooler pipework to sit better. I'd rather have the plugs ready made to save taking the bumper on and off loads.

As per pic belowf870191cfa5f35177259b240a23ab853.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't you just fold the tube and zip tie it off ? Shouldn't leak as there is no real pressure.

Could do as a last resort but I'd like to keep it tidy and make a plug up for it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When I went FI I also had to remove the passenger side washer bottle for the intercooler pipe work but I know others have done different.

I believe it was Sam McGoo who told me on his the re-routed the passenger side pipe work back to the drivers side so both windscreen wash & headlight wash worked off the one bottle, ...both motors are already there so it shouldn't be too difficult to fathom.

Horsham Developments removed mine though and blocked all the plumbing off so you could try giving Jez a PM on here or better yet a phone call/email directly to see if he can tell you what you want to know. ;)

Thread moved btw.

When I went FI I also had to remove the passenger side washer bottle for the intercooler pipe work but I know others have done different.

I believe it was Sam McGoo who told me on his the re-routed the passenger side pipe work back to the drivers side so both windscreen wash & headlight wash worked off the one bottle, ...both motors are already there so it shouldn't be too difficult to fathom.

Horsham Developments removed mine though and blocked all the plumbing off so you could try giving Jez a PM on here or better yet a phone call/email directly to see if he can tell you what you want to know. ;)

Thread moved btw.

Yeh I read that's what Sam had done but i'm going to get the front bumper resprayed again at the end of this year so planned on smoothing out the washer holes for a smoother front end.

Good shout i'll drop him a message :thumbs:

There is plenty of boosted zeds these days so though someone must have went down this route before.

Yeh I read that's what Sam had done but i'm going to get the front bumper resprayed again at the end of this year so planned on smoothing out the washer holes for a smoother front end.

There is plenty of boosted zeds these days so though someone must have went down this route before.

That makes sense, ...tbh I didn't miss my headlight washers once they'd gone/bottle removed anyway so I doubt you will either.

As I said Jez and Craig at Horsham did mine so hopefully they can help. Good luck. :thumbs:

That makes sense, ...tbh I didn't miss my headlight washers once they'd gone/bottle removed anyway so I doubt you will either.

As I said Jez and Craig at Horsham did mine so hopefully they can help. Good luck. :thumbs:

Jez doesn't know how it was done so will just find out when it comes to doing it