Who can replace Banana arm bushings near(ish) Stafford?

galaxyg

I have the inevitable low-speed knocking noise, so I've purchased some new banana arm bushes from ZMANALEX and now I'm looking for some recommendations on who can fit them for me reasonably locally, given that I'll have to do a while-u-wait when they're done.

Thanks.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Any ideas as to the cause of my knocking guys....only happens at low speeds and uneven roads (more so if you're turning), you know the usual. I have been to the garage 3 times and each time they can't find anything wrong, I've jacked the car up and pulled on the wheel for any movement - nothing. Everything looks fine but still the bloody knocking???

Any ideas as to the cause of my knocking guys....only happens at low speeds and uneven roads (more so if you're turning), you know the usual. I have been to the garage 3 times and each time they can't find anything wrong, I've jacked the car up and pulled on the wheel for any movement - nothing. Everything looks fine but still the bloody knocking???

Sounds like textbook Banana-arm symptoms to me, mine did exactly that when they needed doing. I suggest you find a garage that knows about these cars.

• Like 1

Sounds like textbook Banana-arm symptoms to me, mine did exactly that when they needed doing. I suggest you find a garage that knows about these cars.

Yep. Sounds like mine. Nissan dealer pronounced it as banana-arm after putting it on a big shaking rig, the only way to really get it to occur when the car is not moving. Pulling on the wheel won't make it happen, it can't reproduce the force of the weight of a whole car.

• Like 1

Thanks this is useful, mine is doing the same.

Anyone know the type of cost that can be expected or parts and fitting. Or, how long a job it is ?

Thanks

Edited by Wendy

Thanks this is useful, mine is doing the same.

Anyone know the type of cost that can be expected or parts and fitting. Or, how long a job it is ?

Thanks

If you go for OEM rather than aftermarket, the banana arms alone are the best part of £500 in parts cost alone.