What HFC and exhaust system = no rasp

Rob350

Getting sick of the k1 now, also think one of my cats are dead ("catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 2" engine light on after changing cat o2 sensor twice to be sure and no exhaust leaks)

could it be the primary o2 sensor that needs changing possibly ???

So if I'm going to have to buy a cat I may aswell buy a hfc, and if I have to buy 1 hfc I may aswel buy 2 lol

So my second question is...if I do get HFC s what exhaust system would give ABSOLUTLY no tinny rasp ???

I love the deep burble of the k1 but hate the 2k rev drone.

I was thinking scorpion maybe as I heard a few revs of one at japfest, but think It was standard catted. Iv watched every exhaust video going but can't really tell much difference or the loudness.

I'm after no rasp and very little low revs drone.. got a budget of around £500 for the cat back/y pipe back exhaust. (I would take a second hand one also, so if you've got an exhaust collecting dust let me know a price )

Please point me in the right direction guys :thumbs:

Cheers

Rob

I was gonna say invidia Gemini as that gives no drone or rasp with hfc's. The reason I went for that set up, but with hfc's too your looking at £1500 now !

For a budget of £500 I'd be looking at cobra or scorpion, but I'm not sure if they give Drone or rasp when coupled with hfc's.

Edited by SHEZZA

What price would you be looking for the K1 fella? Ive got a japspeed K2 and before I fitted HFCs it was a lovely deep rumble but has become very raspy now.

I haven't really thought about selling it to be honest... maybe £100 or possible swaps for your k2???

What's the k2 like for drone?? Must be better than my k1 though as the k2 actually has a back box lol.

I dunno if you know what a k1 looks like but its only got 1 little back box about 1 foot long on each tip... in stead of 1 big back box with 2 tips

The thing I like about the k1 is that is nice and burbly loud with the baffles in and REALLY burbly loud with crackles when you let off with the baffles out :teeth: :thumbs:

What HFC s have you got on??

Id be up for a swap but Id probably still want to put some cash your way or work something out, Ill be honest my K2 isnt the greatest fit. We've altered hangers so it no longer rubs anywhere as that was a night mare

Before fitting of the high flow cats, it was a very deep burble like your K1. Normal driving there was no drone and even on WOT it wasnt really that loud

With the high flow cats its become alot louder. Under normal driving its still very livable with with no drone. You can sit at 70mph and easily have a conversation. The one thing I dont like is at WOT its become very raspy

Im looking for a K1 as Im hoping it wont be raspy and Id like to go louder. The high flow cats are japspeed as far as we're aware, they were second hand. Id say more then anything choice of high flow cat is the most important, look at either berk or ark, they have built in resonance chambers to help. But they're £500

• 3 weeks later...

I'm selling my Invidia Gemini cat back system if you're interested great condition, just need to polish the tips up a bit!

£700 if paid for this week!

Will be shipped direct from Tuned UK when removed, direct to your door or garage of choice!