Brand new Rays - how much?

MartinGT

strange why they retail at £1k each then :lol:

so a grand would be good going for a set then, hmmmm.

cos thats stealers for you they never make sense. When I was selling my rays, used, I got excited thinking wow a 1000 each ill sell em for 2k with tyres, but because the market for these are slight populated stock exceeds demands and all i got was about 670 quid for all fours with tyres :dry:

The dealer will tell you that the Rays option is £1000 on top to the wheels that come with it, so for their true value you need to find the price of the standard wheels then add £1k. And obviously they do a discount for getting them as an option, they'd have no hope in hell of selling them as a £4k option!

Buying them singularly they sell them for far more as they are (supposidly) harder to come by and as a single item they will always charge you more. Just look at the deals Phil can get a full set of Nismos for, its far less. Second hand prices reflect that. Thats why I'm keeping my Rays as track wheels then have them refurbed when I come to sell :thumbs:

Buying them singularly they sell them for far more as they are (supposidly) harder to come by and as a single item they will always charge you more. Just look at the deals Phil can get a full set of Nismos for, its far less. Second hand prices reflect that. Thats why I'm keeping my Rays as track wheels then have them refurbed when I come to sell :thumbs:

:thumbs: +1

Smart move - that will be my idea - keep the Rays and nearly worn-out tyres for some track time and get Nismo's or similar for everyday use.

:thumbs: +1

Smart move - that will be my idea - keep the Rays and nearly worn-out tyres for some track time and get Nismo's or similar for everyday use.

Yeah, you wouldn't want to have to look at the Rays every day... :yuck:

Regarding the cost of the Rays, I have a copy of the invoice from NMGB to the dealer for my full set of replacement Rays under warranty.

Lets just say there is a fair amount of profit in it for them....... :scare::dry: