250R

Zeezeebaba

Whilst continuing on my hunt for a Lotus Elise S2 today, I was lucky enough to have a drive in a new 250 Cup (Thanks GM)

I can't afford one but what a machine, nothing I have ever driven before comes close!!

Absolutely loved it!!

Edited by Zeezeebaba

Haha that's it the 250 cup my mistake. It had carbon bits on it and little union jacks on the spoiler. A little bit batman but christ it was a cracking drive.I have the R on the brain as that's what I'm looking for.

Alas they only had one S2 (exige) on the forcourt and I think it belonged to the salesman. However they have my details if they get a standard S2 111R in at any stage.

I didn't take pics of the 250 unfortunately but it was a solid lightish blue with carbon skirts a really aggressive front splitter and little flags on the spoiler fins. The seats far surpassed any old Probak ones I've looked at in earlier S2 cars, this S3 thing had proper buckets with a nice alcatara quilted look and were very comfortable.

The dealer was called Bell and Colville check out the website. They also sell Morgans but they didn't really interest me.

Edited by Zeezeebaba

It was only a quick hop from West Horsley to the park and ride outside Guildford and back so about 6 miles. It took about 2 seconds to fall for the car though.

A very savvy sales tactic indeed, he knew I could only afford an old S2 the bugger.

It was a sort of "here's the car your going to buy at some stage in the future".

One way to build a client base I suppose, but I'm not complaining :)