Direnza spacers.

bencider

Had a look into these while comparing spacers and although cheap, I didn't find anything bad about them - people seem to use them without problems.

That being said, where it involves a connection to your wheels, something that, if fails, isn't gonna end well, I was sceptical about spending so little. I mean, there must be a reason why the more expensive ones are more expensive other than just paying for a name, surely?

There's a group buy on Torqen spacers at the moment, which you might be interested in. Tad more expensive, but your call whether you think it's worth the extra or not. :thumbs:

Thanks bud, totally agree not a place I want to skimp on.. I am on the group buy list.. But cars off road until I get some.. And I was wondering because there must be some sort of safety standards meaning they must be safe and of quality to use? Same alloy, studs etc?

Ideally I'll hold out for the group buy.

These were a backup plan

Edited by bencider

The Z doesn't look that bad without spacers :lol:

It's like engine oil, they may all be synthetic 5W-30 and meet the same standards, but there is a huge range of prices with no other discernible difference between them. However, we tend to go for more expensive variants rather than cheaping out.

The Z doesn't look that bad without spacers :lol:

But it does look a lot better with them!

On the subject of cheap spacers, I just can't get visions out of my head of poorly fitted or low grade studs popping out, maybe paranoia, but peace of mind is priceless.

I ran 30mm spacers that were from china and non hub centric.

The wheel only fell off once - and that was because i didnt tighten it properly.

Done mallory park and a trip to the nurburgring and about 15k miles. - Think ive still got them somewhere actually...

So buying cheaper ones are fine.

Cheap ebay specials can be fine and expensive ones can fail, but you pay extra to reduce the risk.

You may never have an issue, you may get some wobble and have to replace them, or you may have a catastrophic failure and injure / kill someone, leaving you wishing you'd spent an extra £40. :shrug:

Not saying it's necessarily wrong to cheap out, but it's a relatively small price to pay for peace of mind.

Thanks all.. Yea I know what you all saying.. I'm not looking for cheap spacers.. Just wondered more about the brand as they were a back up should I need to get some..

In this case it's not for looks BTW.. I actually do need then to clear the brakes so I can't even get on road without haha