05 UK 350Z clutch parts issue? Help?!

gingerslippers

Hi all,

Hoping you can help with an issue. Ive had clutch issues with my 350z recently so purchased a LUK clutch and flywheel kit from techniclutch. The garage I dropped the car in at to have the work done have come back with this;

So the clutch that we have removed from you car has an auto adjusting clutch pressure plate made by LUK. (which has genuine Nissan stamp on… main dealer part), and the friction plate is 240mm in diameter. The parts we have that you supplied are incorrect for the following reasons the clutch pressure plate is the sprung style which is incorrect and the friction plate is larger at 250mm, also the release bearing you supplied is a concentric slave which is also incorrect as your car is fitted with a manual bearing. I hope this helps you sourcing the correct parts and if you need to forward to your parts supplier it will be surficent to aid them.

The part numbers off of your old parts are as below

Pressure plate. LUK F4702

Friction plate. LUK 30100 CD021

No number on bearing.

Techniclutch are sure its the correct kit for my car. Does anyone have any history of this or could advise?

Thanks

Thanks - I'm beginning to get that impression - they are now avoiding my messages!

I've contacted LUK but they are saying that they have not released the 350z clutch in any capacity to the aftermarket. The only other manufacturer I can see is Exedy. I've contacted them for advice but would welcome contact from forum traders who are confident they can supply the correct products. I will search out CMS but who else would you recommend?

Thanks again

Thanks Ewen.

Ive inspected both the products they've sent to me and contacted both manufacturers. I am in the process of progressing the situation through both eBay and trading standards with the manufacturers as they are definitely flogging fake gear in the manufacturers boxes. There attitude stinks and they pi55ed off the wrong person this time around.

• Like 1