08 HR Coolant

m4nn13

I've got a service in about a month so will be getting new fluids anyway but just spotted the coolant is on the min so thought id pop over to Halfords and get some to top it up, turns out they don't stock any for models past 06!

Anyone with an 08 HR out there that can let me know which I can use? Had a look through the forum and can see nissan own brand is recommended but just after something to top her up for a few weeks.

P.S it's the green type in the tank at the mo.

Pretty sure you can just top it up with water (ideally distilled).

It's not ideal, but as a temporary measure it's fine and won't cause any problems.

yea I thought about this but would probably make more sense to get some coolant anyway as backup for the rest of the year.

yea I thought about this but would probably make more sense to get some coolant anyway as backup for the rest of the year.

True, but seems a waste if you're having a coolant change in a few weeks? Or is it just a top-up?

But yeah, coolant is just a mix of water and anti-freeze with some additives, so it will offset the ratio a little bit, but not by much and there'll still be plenty of corrosion inhibitors, so nothing to worry about.

Edited by Strudul