Replacement air filters (HR Twin intake)

m4nn13

Hi guys,

I've used ebay special induction kit's, k&n and BMC in previous cars, but just wondered if anyone can advise the best for the HR engine? Can't really see the point in an induction kit in these and will be quite happy just replacing the chip shop grease proof paper but any advice would be appreciated cheers!

General consensus amongst forum and pros alike, is that any decent drop in panel filters are hard to beat, with nothing to be gained from swapping out the standard intakes which obviously work well.

As luck would have it, I have just listed in the 'parts for sale' section, a pair of K&N's from my (now sold) HR, which are 8000 miles old and have never been (or needed to be) cleaned or re-oiled, at a considerable saving over new (£45 inc. p&p.) If that's of any interest the link is here: http://www.350z-uk.c...hing-must-go/��

Shameless plug I know, but the advice is sound... :blush:

Edited by Watshot
  • Like 2

Had a good look into this the other week.

The HKS Super Hybrid seemed to come up on top.

(There were a few concerns about oiled filters like the K&N potentially causing damage to the MAF, but I think the risk is minimal / non-existent, and nothing to worry about. If Watshot can give you a good deal, they'd be an excellent option.)

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1

General consensus amongst forum and pros alike, is that any decent drop in panel filters are hard to beat, with nothing to be gained from swapping out the standard intakes which obviously work well.

As luck would have it, I have just listed in the 'parts for sale' section, a pair of K&N's from my (now sold) HR, which are 8000 miles old and have never been (or needed to be) cleaned or re-oiled, at a considerable saving over new (£45 inc. p&p.) If that's of any interest the link is here: http://www.350z-uk.c...hing-must-go/��

Shameless plug I know, but the advice is sound... :blush:

thanks buddy will have a quick look round and might well take them off your hands!

Had a good look into this the other week.

The HKS Super Hybrid seemed to come up on top.

(There were a few concerns about oiled filters like the K&N potentially causing damage to the MAF, but I think the risk is minimal / non-existent, and nothing to worry about. If Watshot can give you a good deal, they'd be an excellent option.)

thanks for the info, what made the HKS stand out from the others then just out of curiosity?

thanks for the info, what made the HKS stand out from the others then just out of curiosity?

Other than it being a dry filter and therefore a safe bet, I don't think the reasoning went much past "it's green" :lol:

You can wash it like a reusable oiled filter, but as it's dry, you don't have to re-oil it, just let it dry and whack it back in.

The Cosworth was also very highly recommended, but at the end of the day they all do the same thing and you won't notice any difference.

The HKS ones are ok but I'd rather have a K&N or Cosworth style as there is a risk that as they age the HKS ones "moult" pieces of foam

The risk of oiling your maf is down to the K&N's being over oiled , either from the factory which is rare or after cleaning by the owner, I have ran them for many years without any issus on lots of cars, but the last set of new ones I bought were overoiled from the factory and needed a wipe down

The paper ones perform just the same as K&N's but need frequent replacing wheras you can just clean the K&N

The only real difference in performance for the 350HR and the 370 is the Stillen "style" gen 3 type filters which has pipework that extends the filters in front of the radiator, even with those fitted you will be looking at around 3-5% increase and doubtful feel any difference but like the cosworth and k&n you get a little more induction roar

• 3 weeks later...

Would recommend the injen setup. Got it on my HR. But not cheap. But the quality is very impressive and filters sit behind the bumper so get nice cool air to them. They also come with all the sockets for the plug in sensors. You'd struggle to find the kit much under £500. Sounds great on open throttle though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk