mot today

andybp

So I had my MOT today and I was prepared I put in three progressively leaner maps into the ECU as I had a problem with high hydrocarbons last year I'm guessing either my High flow cats are just not up to it or maybe O2 sensors but sticking a lean map into the ECU did the job only had to go to the second map to get it under 200 so I'll worry about the reason for it another day then he tests the brakes, all good then when he tries to reverse it off the rollers to put it up on the ramps it stalls then it's back firing and sounds awful so really doesn't look good he cant even get it off the rollers so I take a look and notice the problem straight away he's accidentally hit the switch to change maps with his elbow and selected the map I used when I had the rear mount turbo setup the problem with the UTEC ECU I have is it can 5 maps but only 1 parameters file so the maps need to be either all MAF or all speed density so my ECU was trying to run the engine really really rich but never mind all sorted now and I can get on with my individual throttle bodies now that's out of the way for another year. :yahoo:

:)

• Like 2

That was needlessly difficult to read.

However, yes a lucky escape for you :)

A friend of a friend had a mental MR2 a few years ago, 600bhp territory. They had it on the rollers for mapping and the operator pressed the anti lag button (or something) with his elbow. End result was a properly dead engine :(

That was needlessly difficult to read.

However, yes a lucky escape for you :)

A friend of a friend had a mental MR2 a few years ago, 600bhp territory. They had it on the rollers for mapping and the operator pressed the anti lag button (or something) with his elbow. End result was a properly dead engine :(

yea could have been worse I've got to delete that map today. In my defence of the sentence I started typing and the missus shouted up the stairs "are you coming to watch this film" so had to rush. :blush:

:)

• Like 1