Final Drive

get12

ormaybe hes just been BS'd by previous owners of cars hes driven. would love to see a striahgt drag vs a stock Z . your gonna be mile ahead till you top out early but youve obviously got your gearing set up right so you just about get there then have to brake for the next turn. :thumbs:

mmm that would be interested...

he was stamping on the invisible brake pedal but my man in the pits told everyone they had to keep their hands inside the seat they were in so just general shaking/noises/stamps on the metal plate we put in... :lol:

one person didnt breathe for half a lap, i thought they were gonna pass out... i think accelerating past the point where the other cars had been braking for a while didnt help peoples nerves... :snack:

if i get a chance im sure i will get out on the track with another zed testing somewhere at some point,

he was stamping on the invisible brake pedal but my man in the pits told everyone they had to keep their hands inside the seat they were in so just general shaking/noises/stamps on the metal plate we put in... :lol:

one person didnt breathe for half a lap, i thought they were gonna pass out... i think accelerating past the point where the other cars had been braking for a while didnt help peoples nerves... :snack:

if i get a chance im sure i will get out on the track with another zed testing somewhere at some point,

:yahoo::lol: VIDS VIDS VIDS!

well they say a good set of brakes is better than a few more ponnies and i think the Z breakes pretty well for a stock setup and given your are track brakes wiht less weight it must hawl up hard , so need to get to one of your nippon races this year.

It sounds like quite good mod. I've only had my Zed a couple of weeks, its still standard - the handling is great but it I'd like a bit more urgency from it in a straight line. I've got plenum/spacing and uprev tuning in the works, I dont want to go FI or Nitrous so maybe this and some exhaust parts. Mr Lizard do you recall the approx cost inc fitting?

Steve, I suggest you call Abbey directly, it doesnt take too long to fit but it isnt a job I would recommend trying yourself, also remember to mark in the fitting kit from adam (its on their site), i think I went for the cheaper of the two as my car had only done 15k miles...

you will completely transform the car if you get the plenum and uprev/final drive and get Abbey to map it with the throttle map as well as the uprev magic mark does :thumbs:

If you do want a few more ponies then the motordyne exhaust complements the uprev map and the car generally really well in my opinion. maybe something to consider for the future, Mark can talk you through all that tho :drive1

go for the 4.08 instead of the 3.9 you know you want to ;)

Gear mods are awesome and make a huge difference. I went the other way on my previous car, a 250BHP MX-5 turbo, as first and second gear were pointless! :lol: I went from a 4.1 to a 3.6 which is pretty much the exact reverse of the stock 350z ratio to a 4.08. The difference was massive and it made the car much more driveable as I wasn't constantly changing gear.

I can only imagine how quick a 350Z would be with a 4.08 but I know from my MX-5 experience it will be a huge difference over stock, probably the best bang for buck non-FI mod I would think.

Steve, I've done 06 airbox (with Cosworth panel filter), Blueflame cat back exhaust, Ultimate Racing Ceramic high flow cats and Motordyne Lower plenum and 5/16 plenum spacer. The car has responded very nicely to all the mods and I think adding a 4.08 FD and Abbey remap would finish the car nicely and satisfy my desire for more performance. Let us know what Abbey quote you as I think quite a few people would be interested. Group buy ahoy! :lol:

One thing to mention about this mod is that is doesn't do anything for drag racing performance. The extra gear change cancels out the effect of the faster acceleration apparently, at least over a 1/4 mile.