Supercharged DE - HR comparison

secretstar07979

Using like for like parts and tunes etc done at the same place, i'd say similar to stock. Not much. HR will develop more top end power, but like the DE will be limited by what work was done on the internals. If left stock on both then i'd say both around the 400/450 mark ?

Much more than that and it's a very costly build job, cheaper to buy a used 911 tbh

• Like 1

Pop onto Z1 Motorsport online and you will see stats for what each VQ platform is capable of supercharged/turbocharged etc. DE nets 400-420bhp HR nets 500-550bhp and a VHR they recently put twin turbos on got 750bhp!

All of the above were on stock internals aswell. Not sure on reliability though DE & HR figures above are apparently safe according to Z1 but unsure on the VHR output, seems to be a lot of power in a stock motor imo.

Can't see stock internals taking 750

Again, different parts different tuning houses will see different outputs so all a bit here and there.

Zmanalex and a few others have done FI so im sure they can give you more hands on info

I wouldn't be surprised to see that kind of figure on a US dyno , I'm convinced the horses are smaller over there because they seem to get a lot more in the same engine ;) Well that and their dynos typically over read by around 15% :)

430hp for the DE and 450 for the HR is realistic for supercharged engines not sure going any higher than that is