Washer not working

jaytt

Hi

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

2005 Roadster.

Windscreen washer not working - yes its full :)

The Lights are washing fine though when I press that.

When I try and wash the windscreen I can hear a pump but nothing happens...

Please tell me whereabout I need to look - it looks like pump is somewhere under where you fill it but I;m not sure what needs to be took off to have a look

Thanks

It sounds like the problem will be your non-return valve ~ it's either blocked or broken.

It's located underneath the scuttle panel on the drivers side inline with the washer pipes (at least it is on the Coupe). You can get to it if I recall through the brake/clutch cylinder cover, ...if you look in there under the scuttle you should see the clear pipe tubing I'm talking about. One of the pipes will have a plastic part in it which is the non-return valve. This is what I'm talking about below...

100_3199.jpg

The best thing you can do to fix this problem (imho) is to remove the non-return valve completely and replace it with a straight through piece of pipe to join the tubes together. Like the below eBay link.

Ebay link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-JOINT-HOSE-MENDERS-JOINER-TUBING-FITTINGS-AIR-FUEL-WATER-CONNECTOR-/252450546615?var=&hash=item3ac739a3b7:m:m11nthr77_oEEIm4W2H7InA

Some info here on the same subject: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/88593-windscreen-washer-tubing/

Hope that helps. :thumbs:

just sorted it now thanks all :)

Removed the one way valve - blew into it and couldnt blow through no matter which way - so took a 3.5mm drill to it...

Now working perfectly.

Will prob replace the drilled out valve with a straight through pipe from an old fish tank setup later.

Cheers :)

• Like 1