Oil pan spacer (AAM/JWT) + temp sensor ?

RobPhoboS

I'm looking at popping an oil spacer on the car as I'd like to get a few track days under my straining belt this year, plus it seems like a sensible addition anyway.

The main two I see that are available are AAM and JWT, aside from the pricing, and perhaps the little gully for the RTV sealant on the AAM, is there any difference between the two ?

I saw someone mention that the JWT isn't tapped so I'd probably go with the AAM if that's the case, and it includes a few more bits.

Also any pointers on how to install an oil temp sensor ?

As I get better (hopefully), yep I'd add an oil cooler with the thermostatic plate.

The car is staying NA.

Yeah I've already had one tho just changing it's position. It's pretty easy dude tbh. When you buy the gauge you should get a sensor with it and wires. Sensor screws into the sandwich plate, a single cable gets connected on the end of the sensor and ran inside the car to the gauge. The gauge will also need a 12v feed that I got from behind the footwell cig lighter.and also a wire to earth. The gauge should come with instructions as to what wire is what. If you need any further help with it just drop me a pm :)

Edited by The Chubby Ninja
  • Like 1