New to the 350Z - A few questions on exhaust and suspension issues

galaxyg

Hi All,

I got my first 350Z a few weeks ago, and I'm loving it so far. There are a couple of issues though and not being mechanically minded I'm hoping for some advice.

1) Annoyingly within about 300 miles of getting it, one of the exhaust tips fell off due to rust. The rest of the back box looks rusty but is not blowing.

Kwik-Fit quoted £344 for a new back box and tips, is this a) good? B) are there alternatives I've got? I can see tips on Ebay that are not expensive but

I'd have to find some way of getting the other one removed to make them match, and it's well rusted on.

2) There is a knocking sound from the passenger side when I go over sharp bumps (such as a cat's eye). It doesn't happen when soft bumps like a speed hump.

An ex-mechanic friend has suggested it might be the drop links. Does the 350z Have any weaknesses or things that commonly get worn out in the "making a knocking noise" department?

Thanks for any help & advice.

Michael.

hi i wouldnt bother with quick fit,look for something stainless steel it will last alot longer and look so much cooler.

As for the knocking....most probably banana arm bushings or drop links or lower arm bushings,just had all mine replaced on one side about £270

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome along I'm just up the road in Stone. As niknik350 said perfect excuse for a nice stainless steel exhaust system, many traders on here supply and fit them. Tarmac sportz in derby and the cougar store in Leicester to name a couple. As for the knocking niknik350 is on the money again with the drop links or banana arm bushing which can be replaced. The passenger side always seems to go first, however if it's the ball joint a complete arm will be needed.