Mark 2 X-Trail experiences?

Lexx

In the new year I'll be looking at getting a support car to the family mini-bus (alhambra).

Top of the list is a Nissan X-Trail from circa 2012 (definitely not the new model as it's hideous).

Anyone here got any experience of owning one? I test drove the 170bhp diesel about 4 years ago and found it pleasant enough to drive but wondering what it's like to live with day to day.

It'll be doing regular 300 trips to Aberdeen.

Cheers in advance.

Not sure if it's the same model but a good friend of mine bought a new Nissan something-or-other that is like an SUV/MPV. An asthmatic 1.6 version. He said the performance is awful and it's about the same size as a Ford Focus on the inside. Impulse buy.

Perhaps yours it not the same model but he said it was deceiving just how small it actually is. Just mentioning it as you say you want it as a family mini-bus.

We just bought a new Ford Edge, collect it tomorrow. Not actually seen any driving around on the roads so it will be cool to be driving something a bit different again. Absolutely massive inside and the amount of tech they give you as standard is pretty mad compared to bmw etc.

Bought another car from these guys, they are absolutely brilliant, will be delivered next week. Just checked the deals they have on X-Trail, this is not a bad deal Lexx, in case you change your mind a want to buy the mk3 :)

2016-12-22_16-59-14.jpeg

vs Nissan directly

2016-12-22_17-01-18.jpeg

Edited by Adrian@TORQEN

That's a good deal Adrian. Although I have family who work for Nissan so I can get a better Friends and Family discount than that.

Still not sold on the Mk3 looks. Something just isn't right about that back end. Let me know how you get on with it though :thumbs:

My other half has a 2007 xtrail 2.2 dci. It's been in the family from new and has always been reliable, nice to drive, comfortable on long journeys etc. I know it's older than what you're looking at but the mk1 and 2 aren't massively different.

The only thing we've found, living out in the country and with the horrendous condition of the roads round here, the suspension isn't particularly robust. Drop links, joints, bushes etc don't seem to last 5 minutes.

• Like 1