Jap import shocks and UK shocks

greasyphil

Have any members compared the pull and push of Jap import shocks with UK OEM ? my 03 fairlady has rock hard suspension, even an 18 stone friend cannot compress any corner of the car, the ride is so hard it makes my eyes and teeth hurt, have read on this forum European cars have softer shocks but the springs are the same, my rear springs are 2 red / 1 white dot fronts 1 purple dot. im thinking to buy some used OEM shocks from a breakers, also do you think there is any demand for stiff shocks so i can sell them on, i guess there idea for track use

There are differences between the shocks but there is every chance the previous owner in Japan has swapped them for something aftermarket and even stiffer.

Tein now offer a fixed damper and spring kit that's designed for UK roads, its £440 for the complete kit and offers amazing value for money. We have supplied a few sets now with very positive feedback.

We will have a post in our sub-forum about them soon.