Metallic clanking noise at low speed-Input welcome.

Dicky

Apologies for yet another 370 enquiry but as a new owner I've one more concern to resolve to make me happy.

My drive slopes up from the street to a single garage at the top so you have to drive very slow and ride the clutch a bit when driving in.

When putting the car in, I drive quite slowley towards the door to line it up. When doing this I can her a metallic clanking noise as the clutch is released to move forward. Does anyone else experience this noise at very low speed. It sounds to me like timing chain slap although I'm pretty sure it's not as this has just been inspected in the last couple of days. It could also be clutch related but I'm not sure what type of clutch is in there or how it normally sounds. The cars only done 36k mls and as far as I'm aware the clutch is standard, however I've email the former owner on this but not received a reply as yet.

Edit: I should have said the car runs perfectly on the road, no noises at all ( other than tyre roar :) )

Edited by Dicky

Not axle click is it

well documented on here

Thanks for the input.

No I don't think so because it's only when going up my drive at slow speed. On the flat there's no problem. I was wondering if it had a single mass flywheel (the noisey one) but the previous owner doesn't seem to know what's fitted so I assume it must be original.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experience it. I'll check if any heat shields are loose but after that I'm concerned if it might be possible clutch problems, but then again there's no noises on the flat ??