Changed Radiator now got EML on advice

scotzman

Hi all, Changed my radiator today and engine managment light is now on , i followed the guide, removed radiator hoses, removed intake for better clearence, disconnected 2 bottom plugs, disconnected battery etc... is it possible to get the 2 bottom connectors at bottom of radiator connected ? wrong and maybe that would cause this.... any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time

What's the code you've pulled for the EML?

No pulled the code yet stu as im thinking i have maybe got the wire connections at the bottom of the radiator wrong way round but cant see that as there are 2 power supplies going to the 2 fans so shouldn matter which plug goes where i think.

Fiver says its the maf sensor. They're really delicate on the airbox. Had this very situation when I removed mine to do a service

U could be right olly, as i only removed the 2 bottom plugs on the radiator and from the maf connection to the filter to get more room, but didnt disconnect the maf itself only the hose clip

Thats the engine light I bet you, you've kinked either the little hose at bottom of the airbox or where it meets on the trottle body if you moved it that far. Thats all mine was and it set the MAF sensor off lol

Scared to go and check olly in case i owe u a fiver, ill go down to the car shortly and check the wires, what was your fix assuming its that.

I was servicing mine at the time and removed the Airbox completely all the way back to the throttle body so I could access that bank kf coilpacks. Near the throttle body there is a little tube that connects underneath to the airbox tube, that was simply kinked

Sadly it was one of those too simple too see scenarios so it ended up costing me £65 just to be plugged in to the diagnostic scanner and out the door 20 minutes later. Thankfully the garage took pitty and just charged me for the scanning and not any time lol

I was servicing mine at the time and removed the Airbox completely all the way back to the throttle body so I could access that bank kf coilpacks. Near the throttle body there is a little tube that connects underneath to the airbox tube, that was simply kinked

Sadly it was one of those too simple too see scenarios so it ended up costing me £65 just to be plugged in to the diagnostic scanner and out the door 20 minutes later. Thankfully the garage took pitty and just charged me for the scanning and not any time lol

Hi Olly.... I didnt take my intake off that far back also i didnt discconnect the maf harness so im wondering if the radiator harness at the bottom with the 2 fan plugs and the 2 harness plugs can go on either way or so ill swap them round and if no joy ill do a ECU reset...

Update: one of the pin holders on passenger side light ballast wasnt making a connection so seems to have fixed the EML.

Thanks all for your time and input.

Edited by scotzman