Interim Service - £18.05

Strudul

So it sounds like clickbait or advertising, but hear me out.

Booked my car in for an interim service through Servicing Stop as it was significantly cheaper than I was quoted everywhere else.

They allowed me to provide my own oil and filter as I requested, which gave me a further discount on an already very low price.

They offer to collect & return your car (which is inclusive in the price I think), but I chose to drive there and back myself as I wanted to be present during the service, which they had no issues with.

Everything went smoothly, was done in an hour. It wasn't really a proper service, but the guy changed the oil + filter, topped up fluids, had a look around for any potential problems underneath (pointed out a worn drop link), and gave me my service stamp, which is all i really wanted - don't see the point in paying someone to see if the lights etc work or not. (I'd be doing the service myself if I didn't need that silly stamp.)

Total was £38.05 (inc card surcharge), but then I got a couple of emails saying that they'd knock £10 if I left a Trustpilot review and another £10 for a Google review (no requirement for it to be a good review), which brought it down to £18.05.

Oil cost me ~£24 from Opie, and the filter was <£9 (plus ~£4 in fuel to get to the garage and back).

So okay, it was more like £55, but that's still seriously cheap.

They just contract the work to the cheapest nearby garage, so prices and quality of work may vary massively, but I'm pretty happy. :thumbs:

Edited by Strudul