DC or Nismo exhaust!

RagingKileak

I'd go Nismo if I were you. Its the only brand of exhaust that is widely appealing to almost all prospective 350Z buyers (I say all because some people don't want any extra noise). Before I bought my Zed, I would probably have been sceptical about a DC exhaust but if it had a genuine Nismo on it I would have found it more appealing. Lots of Zed buyers make their purchase before they find sites such as this one and learn about whats good and whats not.

Just my two pence worth...

I'd go Nismo if I were you. Its the only brand of exhaust that is widely appealing to almost all prospective 350Z buyers (I say all because some people don't want any extra noise). Before I bought my Zed, I would probably have been sceptical about a DC exhaust but if it had a genuine Nismo on it I would have found it more appealing. Lots of Zed buyers make their purchase before they find sites such as this one and learn about whats good and whats not.

Just my two pence worth...

Very true. Uneducated buyers can relate with the nismo kit and nismo wheels and therefore a nismo exhaust. Thats not saying its better than a DC but before I found these forums I would of just thought it was another chavvy halfords zorst :blush:

You buy a Nismo for £800 you'll be able to sell it 2nd hand for £500 or so down the line, so it actually only cost you £300 :D

The problem with exhausts is that you are getting no power gains and noise is subjective. Picking an exhaust from a video clip is daft IMHO as cameras and mikes vary. Going to meet is a better idea but standing around outside the cars is only half the story because that's not what you'll hear. The only way to be sure that you like the sound of an exhaust is to get inside someone's car and hear it throughout the rev range and on the motorway at your usual cruising speed.

Now most of us don't have that luxury so we come on sites like this and take recommendations before taking the plunge. On that basis, the NISMO is undoubtedly the safest choice as there are tons of owners with it and a clear consensus that its a fine sounding exhaust, not to loud, not too chavvy and pretty good quality (it has been known to split...). IMHO anything else you buy you take more of a risk with as the user sample is far smaller.

HTH

i was thinking exactly the same mate which one to go for !!! heard the nismo and like the guys say not much louder than standard so went for a DC!! as thought there wasnt much point spending that amount on a exhaust to hardly get a difference !! in my opinion the nismo looks nicer but DC sounds better plus its quiet when you want it to be and loud when you want it to be with no droning!!! dont think about what the buyer might think to the system your buying it for you and you can sell the system before the car and make a few quid back!!!

But thats just my opinion :thumbs:

you could always come down to chesterfield, theres a few guys here with nismos and iv got the DC so worth it if your thinking of spending that amount of money :thumbs:

To be honest, ive done a fair bit of research on both.

What I cant do is find any stockists really. Envy seems to have a dead website, I dont wanna buy from Nissan because they have displayed incredible incompetence in all dealings with them. And I dont really wanna spend 1500 or whatever on the DC from the place EVO went.

If someone can point me at either exhaust brand new for £800 ill buy it now. Or either second hand for £500ish.

Matt

What I cant do is find any stockists really. Envy seems to have a dead website, I dont wanna buy from Nissan because they have displayed incredible incompetence in all dealings with them. And I dont really wanna spend 1500 or whatever on the DC from the place EVO went.

If someone can point me at either exhaust brand new for £800 ill buy it now. Or either second hand for £500ish.

Matt

Nissan UK don't sell either :)

£1500???? Bigphil or AdamZ1 will do you either for about £850 i think. Bigphill will fit it for ya too :thumbs:

Matt

£1500???? Bigphil or AdamZ1 will do you either for about £850 i think. Bigphill will fit it for ya too :thumbs:

You sayin you can't get a Nismo Zorst from a stealer???

Matt

You sayin you can't get a Nismo Zorst from a stealer???

AFAIK yes :)