Dashboard mounting for hands free kit

linkster

• 3 weeks later...

Posted this before but I have found the Brodit kit good - I have an extended power lead from rear socket tucked under carpet alongside driver's seat - out of sight and all easily removed with no marks/damage left :thumbs:

XdaO2OrbitinZ.jpg

opps.. part of the NW run-out on display from last year ;) Get your name down if you havn't done so already for agreat driving day out :teeth:

Posted this before but I have found the Brodit kit good - I have an extended power lead from rear socket tucked under carpet alongside driver's seat - out of sight and all easily removed with no marks/damage left :thumbs:

XdaO2OrbitinZ.jpg

opps.. part of the NW run-out on display from last year ;) Get your name down if you havn't done so already for agreat driving day out :teeth:

I have to brodit clip with my orbit 2 with the power and audio cable coming through the cubby hole under my stereo.

I also bought a splitter so my phone charges and the audio plugs into the aux in my stereo.

This means when I am making a phone call or using sat nav the sound comes through my car stereo speakers.

I have to brodit clip with my orbit 2 with the power and audio cable coming through the cubby hole under my stereo.

I also bought a splitter so my phone charges and the audio plugs into the aux in my stereo.

This means when I am making a phone call or using sat nav the sound comes through my car stereo speakers.

Not sure what you mean by a splitter - when a call comes through the UK car's phone system automatically cuts the audio and if I have the sat nav displaying on the Xda that then it is overidden by the caller dsplay until the call ends and it all reverts back. I do have double aux charging socket which serves the phone cradle and the snooper (lead from the rear socket) , keping the front in-car socket free for other things - lap-top etc. :thumbs:

Not sure what you mean by a splitter - when a call comes through the UK car's phone system automatically cuts the audio and if I have the sat nav displaying on the Xda that then it is overidden by the caller dsplay until the call ends and it all reverts back. I do have double aux charging socket which serves the phone cradle and the snooper (lead from the rear socket) , keping the front in-car socket free for other things - lap-top etc. :thumbs:

Ah, I have an after until HU, so I cant use the bluetooth.

I have an adaptor, one end plugs into the phone and it splits so I can plug in power and a 3.5mm jack. The jack then plugs into the aux in my stereo.

Is much like this apart from one is 3.5mm and one is usb min:

http://www.expansys.com/zoompic.aspx?type=item&i=140425

Thanks all, if Carcomm cannot tell me how to fit their own damn products together then I'll look out one of these.

Try this link for fitting instructions: :thumbs:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/carcomm.php

Thanks but sadly not. Look at the image above. The vent clip is on the left, and on the right is the swivel attachment for the PDA holder itself. There is no way that I can see that they can be attached to each other. The screws on the vent mount are if you need to swap the vent fittings for the others that come in the box (hence 'universal') and the only other way I can see to afix anything to it might be to do with those two little extra plastic clips shown in the pic. Honestly baffled.

Thanks all, if Carcomm cannot tell me how to fit their own damn products together then I'll look out one of these.

Try this link for fitting instructions: :thumbs:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/carcomm.php

Thanks but sadly not. Look at the image above. The vent clip is on the left, and on the right is the swivel attachment for the PDA holder itself. There is no way that I can see that they can be attached to each other. The screws on the vent mount are if you need to swap the vent fittings for the others that come in the box (hence 'universal') and the only other way I can see to afix anything to it might be to do with those two little extra plastic clips shown in the pic. Honestly baffled.

Can you not unscrew the plate on the vent clip and screw the holder on directly?

Well the weird thing is they LOOK like they were made for each other - if you just hold the plates together, they are precisely the same size and shape. But like I said, the screw holes are in totally different positions.

Ah I think I know why - the Brodit kit has the same principle - its so you can choose exactly where you want the holder to sit on the base plate - with mine I set it as high as I could before it (with the phone in) clashed with the cubby hole lid when that is opened. Once you have marked the position then drill your pilot holes for the 4 screws.

I still have the fixing instructions - if you want a copy PM me :thumbs: