LED panel number plate lamps.

mr v6

On my previous car I was lucky enough to be able to remove the number plate lamp lens & fit an LED panel of the right size, this looked great. I notice the Z lamps can't be split open, so unless you're only replacing the halogen 501 bulb for an ebay LED one, you don't have much choice.

I've seen these on ebay that seem to be a pair of lamps with an LED panel inside ready to fit to the Z connectors. Has anyone any experience with these? Is the Z canbus?

I just put the LED bulbs in mine and it's not cambus.

I have tried a few different bulbs but never been impressed with them. My current front sidelight bulbs touch the inside of the clear lens & I don't want them to melt it.

I've had those on my 350GT for approx. 2 years.

No problems and they're very bright.

Looking at these some sellers say they're only for Z's of 2006 upwards. I didn't think the design or fitment of the lamps changed whether it was a 2003 or a 2008? But if someone can correct me I'd appreciate it.

Edited by mr v6

I just put the LED bulbs in mine and it's not cambus.

I have tried a few different bulbs but never been impressed with them. My current front sidelight bulbs touch the inside of the clear lens & I don't want them to melt it.

I've had those on my 350GT for approx. 2 years.

No problems and they're very bright.

Looking at these some sellers say they're only for Z's of 2006 upwards. I didn't think the design or fitment of the lamps changed whether it was a 2003 or a 2008? But if someone can correct me I'd appreciate it.

There's virtually no heat coming off LED's, so they won't melt anything unless there's another problem.

Edited by KyleR