Slipping Clutch

kinch180

Hi everybody,

Wondering if you guys could give me your views on my problem.

Bought 350z from nissan, Bath. It is a 2003 model which had 27000 miles on clock and literally just had its P3 service.

After 28500 the clutch started slipping and has gradually got worse. It is still under warranty until August.

What I would like to know is, do you think I have a case if I ask nissan Bath to pay for this clutch replacement (due next week) as they sold me the car which under some legality it was not fit for purpose? It seems unfair for me to fork out for this as I have only covered 1500 miles and so soon after a major service.

Any opinions/advice would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

No harm in trying, they may compromise with the parts/ labour cost but i would imagine they will say its a wear and tear item

they have been a few issues with clutches wearing prematurely

+1 - give it a go, and see what they say. Labour is cheap for them so if you pay for the part and they cover the installation you might strike a deal easier. You can then source the part(s) from the traders on here at a much lower price than Nissan would do it for. Could also uprate it while you are there :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again guys,

Just thought I would let you know after having a whinge to nissan they said if I bring it in to them they would replace the clutch and cover all labour charges but I would have to pay for parts. Picking the Z up tomorrow with its new clutch!

After what you guys had said i thought i was fighting a lost cause but fairplay to nissan Bath.

Only downside is I have been getting about today in a nissan Note, 57mpg though! haha!

Thanks for help with this issue.

Hi again guys,

Just thought I would let you know after having a whinge to nissan they said if I bring it in to them they would replace the clutch and cover all labour charges but I would have to pay for parts. Picking the Z up tomorrow with its new clutch!

After what you guys had said i thought i was fighting a lost cause but fairplay to nissan Bath.

Only downside is I have been getting about today in a nissan Note, 57mpg though! haha!

Thanks for help with this issue.

Good result. So good service by a Nissan dealer for a change. :yahoo: