Whining/Sqeeking Sound

Conlonl

Hi All

I know this is a long shot but just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced similar things, i know the general consensus will be take it to a garage, but it seems to be intermittent and i dont want to take it and not be able to demonstrate the sound.

After ive been driving a while, when i come to low speeds like parking for instance and reversing, there seems to be a sqeeking sound coming from my car, i dont think its the engine bay, i have a feeling it begins and ends with my exhaust, noise also became more prominent today when i had a full lock on steering whilst parking.

10 minutes later i brought a friend out to come and hear it with me and i couldnt get it to make the sound again.

Im pretty confused and would like to see if anyone else may know what it could be

Cheers

Luke

Hi Rich,

No its a squeak that lasts until the car stop or hits a higher speed

Will have a look at that ZMAN, but it also makes the sound when driving slowly in a straight line, it only happens from a stop until about 5-10 mph both in 1st and reverse

Thanks

Hi Wilo, no, discs arent new, pads are a few months old but only been happening couple weeks, front pads are probably due to be replaced soon

mmm okay not what i thought then .

iv just had new disks but didnt change handbrake shoes so after using handbrake the old shoes were squeaking at slow speeds and more in reverse due to bedding in.

iv solved the problem tho .....

i just dont use hand break haha

Edited by wilo

@wilo good one lol made me smile...

Ive seen my ypipe and thats in need of replacement soon as are my CATS most likely, i have the Japspeed K1 fitted so not sure if the vibrations on that is causing a squeek at lower speeds, i cant see it being in the engine bay because everything in there seems to be ticking smoothely and not sure any belts would make that sound.

Its just frustrating because when i took someone out to go hear it, it wouldnt make the same noise, so taking it to a garage right now with no idea could be futile

• Like 1

The initial clattering noise, are you near a train track? As for the chirping noise, I'm guessing it's on the auxillary side? My last car (406 Coupe V6) had a similar noise, it's issue was the centre rubber bond on the crankshaft pulley would spin on the outer metal part when cold causing a shrieking sound till everything warmed up & it expanded & gripped thus stopping the noise.

Why not remove the belts & run the car briefly?

Hi mate thanks for the response, yea it's the chirping noise I mean, sounds different to yours though as mine seems to be more prominent when the car is warm, I wasn't convinced it was in the engine Bay Area, seems to be more prominent when car is wam driving slow and driving up hills and also turning