[Solved] Need help, P1564 - Non-GT 350Z

Lewis_UK

Evening all,Just took the beast out for a drive, 10 minutes into the journey after pulling out of a junction the EML comes on solidly.So from experience, I do some quick testing make sure the car is running OK, which it was.Pull over, turn off, do the EML blink count, and collected the number 1564?Done a quick search online while I was pulled over to find it means the ASCD Steering Switch?Some people say its the cruise control thats faulty, but my car is non-gt, does not have the unit installed.Anyways cleared the code, has no come back on yet, touch wood.Any ideas?PS: the car does have a standard aftermarket stero, which was never been hooked up to the steering wheel since I have owned, so does not work anyway.

Edited by Lewis_UK

I would advise that you hook up a code reader if the issue returns.

However I would also be looking at the ASCD brake switch if fitted.

But it may be a fault with the ECM or perhaps just a glitch.

Let's hope that it is the latter.

As i understand it (and am prepared to be proved wrong) when you hit the brake pedal the ASCD switch turns itself off and then the brake lights come on and does the opposite when the pedal is released. The ASCD switch has something to do with the cruise control as well i think like when you touch the brakes it disengages the cruise control (just read that yours is non GT so this may not apply). The ECM distinguishes what position the switch is in. The ASCD switch is mounted next to the brake light switch. As Alex says i just hope its a glitch of some sort.. Keep us informed as to how you get on.

Edited by samsniss350z

• 2 weeks later...

SOLVED! Thanks for all the help guys,

After speaking to Mark @ Abbey regarding the UpRev and if anything could have happened, as soon as I mentioned the code he knew the problem/solution straight away.

ECU Base ROM was CD700 with the cruise control DTC, knew base ROM has been flashed to CD800 without CC and all is now well.

Thanks to all involved, great service from everyone as expected!