Ticking engine & oil change.

mr v6

Since I've had the Z it's always ticked from cold, but fine when totally warmed up. Fuel damper I can hear you all screaming whilst rolling your eyes :lol: .

I continued to do the oil change anyway as looking at the partially rusty filter the garage obviously didn't do the job when I asked them before picking it up, then when finished ran the engine & the ticking started as usual. Not totally convinced the fuel damper was my issue I started to feel around. It sounded more like a loud injector pulsing. Starting at cylinder number 1 I pushed down on the top of the coil & silence.. I checked the 10mm coil bolt was tight, it was, I was then sure it was a loose spark plug. Coil off & I must have got around 3/4 turn on the plug. Coil back on & fired her up, silence, no more tapping. I went round & checked all the other coils for any difference in sound & thankfully there isn't.

Maybe a little heads up for those who aren't completely familiar with the Z engine & would rather poke around first before instantly jumping to the first thing you read :) .

• Like 1

Cheers Headphones B) .

Went out an hour ago to fire it up (and annoy the neighbours :lol: ) and it's still tick free. All I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions & buy the first part you think you need because you read something on the internet. In my case it was a 5 minute fix.