Car cover (Tailored)

Willsy1980

As the title says, im on the look out for a tailored cover to keep the winter elements off the Z (Rdstr)

Does anyone have experience with these http://www.carscover...02-ONWARDS.html ? if so, which one and how good/bad was it.

Also, im open to suggestions of other brands or 'off the shelf' covers that will do the job well.

Edited by Willsy1980

If using the company in your link, then Stormforce is the one to go for if your Roadster is to be left outside.

However make sure that the car is totally clean and bone dry, particularly the fabric roof before fitting the cover.

Also park in a sheltered area otherwise you will get wind damage to the paintwork.

I got one of these same on e-bay 400433618080 storm force around £150. Worth spending that little big extra for a good quality cover. Supposed to be tailored not a bad fit though. Bit of a bugger to put on by yourself if its windy. And yes ensure your car is nice and clean and dry before fitting.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input, Stormforce it will be then...

When covered, is it worth throwing a few de-humidifiers in too ? 1 in the boot and 1 on the center console ?

Or would you go with a 5mm gap on each window to let it breath ?

I do plan on firing her up once a fortnight, worth it ? or should I just let it sit and drip a bit of oil in before firing after the hibernation ?

Edited by Willsy1980

Up to now i have never left it more than 2 weeks with the cover fitted. We had a lot of rain, and all was bone dry, no musky smells. So i cannot really comment on moisture repellants.I only intend to keep it covered for the worst of our weather. What i intend to do is,take it out at least ounce a month for a spin. Wash dry polish and recovover when im not going to use it.

• Like 1

I bought a Stormforce outdoor cover for my TVR Cerbera although it was only used in the garage it seemed well made and was about £160 4 years ago.

My lad uses it now, again inside on his 25yr old Polo coupe as it wont fit the Zed very well, they are custom fit so excellent obviously on the right car.

• Like 1