Nismo Sports Air Filter

RobD7

Looking through my Nissan brochure I see I can buy one of these direct from Nissan, has anyone done this? or got one from elsewhere? Is it worth it re noise or is it a waste of time? Also, does any one know the cost? In the past I've only had induction kits so I'm presuming that is where I'll be pointed to but thought I'd just see first!?

Looking through my Nissan brochure I see I can buy one of these direct from Nissan, has anyone done this? or got one from elsewhere? Is it worth it re noise or is it a waste of time? Also, does any one know the cost? In the past I've only had induction kits so I'm presuming that is where I'll be pointed to but thought I'd just see first!?

how much are the Nismo filters ??

If it is just t a replacement filter element for the standard airbox, don't expect noise or performance gains. People have tested their cars before and after with induction kits on and the results don't show much if any gain. And certainly not with a change of filter in the standard housing. :)

I think they were about £55 :thumbs:

may as well just get an induction kit then :)

may as well just get an induction kit then :)

Yes :thumbs:

Found it now and i was bang on the money B)

http://www.holdcroftshop.co.uk/viewEcom ... goryid=977

Which would you recommend Phil? I'm thinking of going with the general Nismo theme so that is the one which would interest me most. How much would that be?

A nice sound is my top priority! :D

Thanks

I wil get all the prices and pics for you tommorow when I am back in the shop.

Ah thanks Phil, just so you know I've found the traders section now which should reduce the number of questions I'm asking!! :D

Think as a general rule bud, anything from Nissan will be a hell of a lot more expensive than the traders. Off hand cant think of any exceptions.

As for the warranty situation it depends very much on which dealer you use. Mine doesnt mind but if I blow an engine up they may ;)

It is an 08 Guy and thanks for bringing this up as I wouldn't of had a clue! :) Looks like I'll need to be careful what I get although if Nismo ones are due soon then am sure they'll be out before May so should be good...

yeah, be carefull with ANY mods you buy!

the mY07 model is a fair bit different.

some mods to check fit your car are

Any lip spoiler! - despite what th emnufactier says! the Cwest carbon dont fit despite what they say!

ANY strut brace - not found one that fits yet!)

ANY induction kits - 02-05 cars ar single intake - later are dual intake

Stereo facia's - changed again in the 07.

The orange relflectors in the fornt bumper. agian changed in the 06 model