Any experience with 18x8.5 / 18x10 F/R?

longsh07

Morning all,

Having now sold my LMGT4's I'm planning to replace the wheels with some Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's or 1.3's, just need to decide on size.

Currently leaning toward the 1.3's in 18x8.5 front and 18x10 rear ET25 all round with 245/40 and 265/40 tyres.

Anyone had any experience with this setup? Any weird handling quirks I should be aware of?

Cheers

should be fine with that set up just check that the front wheels will clear the brembos

although i must ask why go from nismo lmgt4 to team dynamics thats like going i wont get a burger at miller and carter, lets go to burger king?

Edited by StevoD

should be fine with that set up just check that the front wheels will clear the brembos

although i must ask why go from nismo lmgt4 to team dynamics thats like going i wont get a burger at miller and carter, lets go to burger king?

I'd be surprised if they don't. Offset should give +5mm over stock GT4 alloys and iirc the spokes are pretty thin so I cant see it being an issue.

Burger King is much cheaper though, right? ;)

I see it more like this. I could spend £100 on designer jeans but why bother when I like the £25 pair in next just as much. Plus I'd be scared of breaking the designer ones where as I could just replace the next ones. Fine they might look better but that's personal opinion, they both still cover my arse at the end of the day :p

Honestly though its tyre cost that was killing me on the LMGT4's. MPSS or AD08R's were coming in at about £1K a set vs £700-£800 a set for 18" in the size mentioned above. I'm hoping, now that my personal situation will be changing, that I'll be able to do more track days, so I'm preparing the 350 to be the track/weekend toy.

You could argue, why not keep stock wheels and fit MPSS/AD08R? That would be cheaper still?

Agreed, its personal preference. I loved the LMGT4 setup as I felt the car handled better than on stock GT4 alloys. The wheel/tyre size above should mirror this pretty closely at a lower cost. The fronts are identical to my LMGT4's width and offset, the rears are 0.5" wider and the offset gives me +5mm (ET30 on LMGT4's) which works out as 11.35mm more poke out and 1.35mm inset.

I can relate to not wanting stuff that's too nice for fear of breaking it. I was wondering the other day if I'd be better off with a proper shed that was fun to chuck around instead of my zed, as I'd be devastated if I backed the zed through a hedge. All those sexy curves sitting on my driveway make the anxiety worthwhile though :D

Confirmed that the Pro Race 1.3's will fit the 350Z.

Taken from http://www.rimstock....t/fitment-guide though some of the info seems incorrect for the UK cars.

EDIT: Whoops, the table got completely broken when I copy/pasted it. If you need the info use the link above!

Edited by longsh07

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Longshot,

I want to ask how's the fitment of your wheels? I am currently thinking of getting the same wheels as you.

18X8.5 / 18X10 with ET25

Sorry I have lots of questions to ask as I am from Hong Kong and the laws here are very stright. My wheels cannot extend out of the fender and I cannot add any spacers. So if I ordered a wrong set it would cost me lots of money. I want to make sure before I order them.

Do you need to roll your fenders in order to fit them? Or do you require any spacers to clear the brembo?

If it's possible could you take a picture of the wheels on your car?

Thanks.

Rocky