PA11-NIS iPod adaptor

Ekona

Hey all,

Just a heads up for further clarification, but the PA11-NIS iPod adaptor lead thingy as seen on 350Z-Tech and as made by USA-SPEC DOES NOT work with the MY06 Bose UK stereo. I'd seen this mentioned around here along with the noise that the UK Bose differs to the US one but there was no clarification as to whether it did or did not fit 100% (at least that I could find mention of in a search), so I took the plunge and ordered one on the off chance it would work. Sadly, it doesn't, so I'm now off hunting for an FM transmitter to do the job. :(

The reason it does not fit is that the rear of the UK Bose only has three sockets which are fully taken by the stock wiring, unlike the US Bose (as seen on 350Z-Tech) which has a spare 4th socket for you to plug the adaptor into. The UK has just a spare gap roughly blanked off, and you can see the PCB behind it so there's no socket under the blank. Could one be fitted? Possibly as there's space for it, but the wiring and electronic skill needed to do so is well beyond anything I can figure out. I'll let someone else try that one. ;)

I've put as many key words into this post as I can to help anyone else who may want to search for this in the future, so that's why it may scan a little bit weird. Mods, if there's any other words need adding then please edit at your leisure: Anything to help someone else wasting the best part of £100! :lol:

Dan

MY06 is the model which features in ALL GT cars or just particular years? I was rather hoping for a bit of iPod action.

All AFAIK.

I would imagine so, but I can only go on my particular car.

And to top it all off I purchased one of the cassette-type adaptors today as I didn't fancy mucking around with FM transmitters, only to find that the Bose stereo just spits the thing back out at you! So, to add to the above, cassette adaptors DO NOT work either. This is getting expensive, this music in a car lark. :D:lol:

I'll have to get an FM one now, so I'll have a quick search on here and see what everyone is using.

Dan

MY06 is the model which features in ALL GT cars or just particular years? I was rather hoping for a bit of iPod action.

All AFAIK.

I would imagine so, but I can only go on my particular car.

And to top it all off I purchased one of the cassette-type adaptors today as I didn't fancy mucking around with FM transmitters, only to find that the Bose stereo just spits the thing back out at you! So, to add to the above, cassette adaptors DO NOT work either. This is getting expensive, this music in a car lark. :D:lol:

I'll have to get an FM one now, so I'll have a quick search on here and see what everyone is using.

Dan

Seriously, don't, they are all rubbish.

I've mailed a few car audio places asking about potential solutions, there must be one out there.

That's a great thread, nice one. :thumbs:

The only issue I have with doing that is that I'm using an iPhone so I may need to get creative with regards to keeping the thing in the dock. Also (and slightly off topic here), does anyone know if the Dension charges the iPod as well when it's in the cradle? The diagrams seem a little fuzzy on that website of theirs, although I'm guessing no as it specifically states it for all the other Dension products.

• 11 months later...

Does the PA11-NIS definately not work on a 2004 UK 350Z with factory bose? I am aware that the 2006 stereo is different to mine. I have extensively researched this topic on this forum and others. I am 90% certain that it doesnt but I just want to know if anyone has tried it with the same car as mine.

Also - I am keen to sacrifice the CD function of the player if there is a possibility of making the ipod connect perhaps via the CD function. Does anyone know if you can retrofit the PA11 NIS leads out of the plastic adapter and plug them one by one elsewhere perhaps into the existing CD port to get the ipod to work at CD expense?

Sorry if I am making no sense it has been a long day!

Does the PA11-NIS definately not work on a 2004 UK 350Z with factory bose? I am aware that the 2006 stereo is different to mine. I have extensively researched this topic on this forum and others. I am 90% certain that it doesnt but I just want to know if anyone has tried it with the same car as mine.

Also - I am keen to sacrifice the CD function of the player if there is a possibility of making the ipod connect perhaps via the CD function. Does anyone know if you can retrofit the PA11 NIS leads out of the plastic adapter and plug them one by one elsewhere perhaps into the existing CD port to get the ipod to work at CD expense?

Sorry if I am making no sense it has been a long day!

I bought one and no, the UK Bose did not mate with the NIS at all =( 54 plate UK GT) :angry: if you could make your own adaptor - well maybe