Fitted oil temp gauge

mattyp182

I'm not sure how it is for the LHD vehicles, but under the battery cover you can see wires going through grommet, you just make a cut there and pass it through, You need remove some panels under the dash to access it from inside.

I'm not sure how it is for the LHD vehicles, but under the battery cover you can see wires going through grommet, you just make a cut there and pass it through, You need remove some panels under the dash to access it from inside.

yea, that's correct. That's where I put all my wires through.

Lucky sob my gauge is just a tad too small to fit nicely so having to cut something to hold it in place. Did you wire through the original door wiring rubber protector? Struggling to pass the cable through for mine, May need to use a coat hanger. Also did you just block the vent off with a bit of material? Nice job btw, and if you have cable long enough the battery is the best firewall grommet to use.

Lucky sob my gauge is just a tad too small to fit nicely so having to cut something to hold it in place. Did you wire through the original door wiring rubber protector? Struggling to pass the cable through for mine, May need to use a coat hanger. Also did you just block the vent off with a bit of material? Nice job btw, and if you have cable long enough the battery is the best firewall grommet to use.

mine was to small aswell i made the plate it sits in from a fiesta vent pod. Also i used a cable tie to get it throught the rubber. Put a zip tie trought door end first then tape the wire to it and pull back through

mine was to small aswell i made the plate it sits in from a fiesta vent pod. Also i used a cable tie to get it throught the rubber. Put a zip tie trought door end first then tape the wire to it and pull back through

Thanks for the tip, but I was going to use the rubber cable runner that was there previously until I found out it is a pin connector :wacko: so I have moved away from the idea and bought a gauge pod, for one gauge :lol: your idea with the fiesta vent was cool though.

I fitted mine in my door vent by wrapping it in electrical tape in layers until it was thick enough to take up the slap in the size of the vent hole which wasn't much, then used the double sided tape my Gauge came with to stick it the back of the vent.

Regarding wires mine fed through the door grommet for the loom into the wing near the indicator up into the engine bay then cable tied to the engine loom so you cant tell its there into the sandwich plate.

C4901290-CFF6-4091-AB22-FB0337E5AC17_zpsnvfebh2w.jpg

Back when my zed used to run on all 6 :( :(