Facelift Headlights

Andymac183

Looking to replace my DE Headlights with HR ones..looking on ebay there seems to be a lot that look good for under £300 -too good to be true?

Can anyone recommend anywhere I can buy facelift headlights, new OR used? Or has anyone got some they don't need?

And is there any value in selling my pre-facelift headlights? Whats a reasonable price to ask for?

I sold my uk pre facelift xenon headlights on ebay for £300 with all ballasts and bulbs included.

For my facelift headlights i paid £190 for one headlight on gumtree and £130 for the other on ebay.

So my facelift lights cost me around £20 once my old xenons sold.

Good luck with the search :)

I sold my uk pre facelift xenon headlights on ebay for £300 with all ballasts and bulbs included.

For my facelift headlights i paid £190 for one headlight on gumtree and £130 for the other on ebay.

So my facelift lights cost me around £20 once my old xenons sold.

Good luck with the search :)

Wow, very nice finds :)

• Like 1

An example -

http://www.ebay.co.u...vjEA5jFdktJa4Pg

From Taiwan.

There ARE lights on there from the States, Oz and Germany - can we assume these will be LHD lights then?

Oh I thought you were after facelift lights? Sorry if I misunderstood.

The ones you linked above are Junyan / Spec-D Tuning headlights. I bought some 2nd hand on eBay at the beginning of this year (on my build thread here). If you order them, note that:

• Make sure you request a RHD version
  • They don't have self-leveling
  • Mine had the LED halos, which were very dim. You won't really be able to notice them during the day
  • The 5 LEDs above (which I've come to refer as "spider eyes"), are nice and bright
  • Mine suffered from condensation
  • I'm not 100% sure, but I think they come with halogen low beams, and the HIDs are an "upgrade"
  • Looking back at the photos in my build thread (including the ones on page 4), the HID projector's cut off was terrible. It could have been due to the projectors, bulbs or both! Definitely would recommend at least trying shimming the bulb to get a better cut off.
  • My headlights were aiming super high when I installed them. There are 2 adjustment screws so it shouldn't be an issue, but just worth noting they REALLY need adjusting if you install

I think that's about it. Looking at the list above, it's probably quite off-putting!

I bought my pair for £87. I'm happy to tinker with them so for me, that was a price I was willing to pay. Not sure if I would pay for a brand new set though. Adding on the options and paying customs will add onto the total very quickly. So all things considered, I'd personally get the Depo headlights KyleR mentioned. :) Bullet Magnet did a how on this thread.

As I say, I bought my Junyan lights at the beginning of this year. So far I've had them on the car for a total of 1 day. :lol: Definitely looking forward to sticking on the car once I've sorted it though! :thumbs:

Oh and with regards to your question about the country of origin, I'd go on the assumption that US/Germany = LHD and AU = RHD. Definitely worth checking with the seller though!

Edited by Hodaka