Shift Light

jamiebridge

I have run a search on this, but cannot find what i'm after, i did find some information on a US forum however.

What do people set their shift light to as a maximum? I picked up a 350z on Saturday and the previous owner has it set to 6300, which i haven't changed yet.

I would only ever use it as a guide when driving the car faster, I don't really need to know when to shift at normal driving speeds.

Thanks

I've personally left it as it was when I bought the car. I can't remember off the top of my head what the figure was on my car, but I don't really rely on it anyway. I use sound + tachometer if needed.

Saying that, I shift like a granny anyway :lol:

But ya, totally up to your preference I guess :)

Its not that i actually need it, i just find it pretty cool.. haha, maybe its because i'm still giddy from picking up my first zed.

My mate says his is set to 6600, does anyone know if there is a perfect shift point on average throughout each gear to get maximum power from the engine though every gear?

Iv got mine set at 5500, purely because I like a few seconds from seeing the light to knowing I'm running out of go. On a motorway slip road for instance knowing iv got a few seconds allows me to check it's safe to move over/ merge before shifting

Its not that i actually need it, i just find it pretty cool.. haha, maybe its because i'm still giddy from picking up my first zed.

My mate says his is set to 6600, does anyone know if there is a perfect shift point on average throughout each gear to get maximum power from the engine though every gear?

The rev limiter on a pre facelift DE Zed is 6600, the gear change indicator is set as 6300 as standard I believe to prevent you from smashing the limiter all the time.

• Like 1

I used to have mine set to 6000 or something, but I found it very unnerving to be giving it the beans and suddenly have a red light start rapidly flashing at you - red lights are normally bad! so after that I set it to 7200, which essentially turned it off entirely (500rpm before limit it starts flashing, then at limit it switches to solid on).