External door handles...

Matti350

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place but I'm thinking of spraying my door handles on the outside black! But I'm not sure if it would mess with the locking system or central locking ? Or am I talking nonsense ha?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same thing, you can't close the doors whilst your spraying the handles as you won't have a handle to disengage the door mechanism.

I brought a second hand pair off here and sprayed them up. Then took my old ones off and installed the second hand painted ones at the same time. Then sold my old ones on here for the same price as I brought the second hand ones.

If you fancy spraying the wing mirrors black at the same time I have my old ones for sale.

It shouldn't cost you anything other than postage, as you'll be able to sell your old ones for the same price as you buy second hand ones.

Edited by Randy_Baton
  • Like 1

I did the same thing, you can't close the doors whilst your spraying the handles as you won't have a handle to disengage the door mechanism.

had that problem with my old car, learnt quickly to leave a window open to let yourself back in once you've taken the handle off!

• Like 1

You can paint them quite successfully without removing them from the car. Just unbolt them which allows you to move them away from the door about 15-20mm. Then mask behind them and extensively round the area. :thumbs:

• Like 1

You can paint them quite successfully without removing them from the car. Just unbolt them which allows you to move them away from the door about 15-20mm. Then mask behind them and extensively round the area. :thumbs:

And if you want a bodge job then this is the method :lol: they are very easy to remove guys :thumbs:

• Like 1

I'm doing exactly the same, got a spare set delivered yesterday from Jon@Emporer and once they're sprayed up/fitted I'll be selling my original ones =)

I would be interested in buying you're spare pair when you are ready. :)

• Like 2