Exhaust Replaced..

jaytt

The back box on my 350z broke after the flange.. and its been blowing for last few months..(sounded good apart from volume!!)

Thing is, I have now had to fit a replacement backbox on as MOT due.

Its a standard backbox replacement from Europarts (£165) from Klarius exhausts. (I was going to get a janspeed or the like but need a full set of rubber too and money needs to be managed)

I can't remember what the original sounded like, and I think the originals were tuned... but not sure if that it was just the backbox that was tuned.

This one doesn't seem to have the same sound as the original - Does that sound right?

The car actually feels a little quicker and more responsive now, and it still has a nice growl, but not like before.

I'm hoping its all in my mind, but does anyone know different?

And as for the tailpipe tips... they are terrible ... will look at covering or chopping them off and welding original tips on

Cheers

Edited by jaytt

So you bought cheap nasty thing from ECP and expected it so look and sound the same as OEM?

It'll probably rust out in 12-18 months anyway, that's the going rate for ECP's exhausts in my experience.

Better off keeping an eye on the second hand stuff on here, albeit a bit more than £165.

Yea, dont get me wrong - I will replace it - was just not feasible at this moment in time.

It fitted straight on, so fit was ok - just finish quality of tailpipes poor.

I may be selling the car due to a job change, if not I'll get a replacement of here at a later date.

Cheers