Recommended 350z Wrappers

JimF

Anyone know of any decent vehicle wrappers to do my roof? That have experience of the 350z.

Preferably in the North West.

Looking into this, the A-C pillar panel needs to be removed, but a few of the places Ive contacted have said they didn’t think anything needed to be removed making me think that either it wouldn’t be a good enough job or it would end up costing me more when they realised...

Edited by JimF

I can thouroughly recommend a place near Worcester, he's just completed a full colour change on my car. Appreciate this doesn't help you much though.

He previously did a roof wrap on my Zed and can confirm the A pillars DO need to be lifted to wrap underneath them (although not necessarily removed fully). It's an easy enough job to do and shouldn't really affect the price much (if at all).

I wouldn't take it anywhere that didn't offer a roof wrap without lifting the A pillars.

It's an easy job to lift the A pillar. There are 8 (IIRC) screws hidden within the upper window/door seal. The black B pilar covers just pop off.

I've seen roof wraps done to cars that haven't had the A pillars removed and a very thin line can be seen where the wrap has shrunk revealing the body colour beneath.

You're right to do your research :thumbs:

• Like 1

Actually with abit of thought and a careful hand u dont need to remove anything to wrap the roof. I did mine and didnt remove anything and its all under the rubbers. U just need 2 squeedgeys :) one running in front to lift up the rubber. One just behind to press the wrap, i got 7mm of cover on each side, and 5mm on the front rubber :)

The 2 squeedgey way works perfect, i got 6-7mm of wrap under each rubber, just wrap the roof as normal, all the way up to the edge of the rubber closest to the pillar and cut along the edge of the pillar, start from the back. Lift with one squeedgey and press with the other :) i did my roof quicker than the time it takes to strip the pillars ;)

i did my roof quicker than the time it takes to strip the pillars ;)

Oooo, that sounds like a challenge :lol:;)

Jim, the important thing is wrapping UNDERNEATH the rubber and not just 'up to' it. Either removing the pillar covers or the two squeegie method makes this possible. If you're gonna get the roof wrapped by someone, I guess the question to ask them is, will they wrap upto or under the rubbers?

Good luck - keep us posted :thumbs:

If they go "up to" the rubbers it will start to lift as the car moves and twist, the pillars will move a tad and the rubber will peal up the wrap, make sure they go under the rubber by at least 3mm or more :)

• Like 1

1000000% APM Customs round the corner from us (sandycroft)

Top top notch guys.

They're wrapping Ollydeakins zed pretty soon

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

And listen here you its DYKINS ;) all my life people get it wrong XD

Meh I've had Wright for most of my life so suck it up buttercup!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry folks wasn't getting notifications! Will look APM up, don't doing it myself as its not a skill I can see myself perfecting in an afternoon or using again haha. Hopefully getting it done next payday.

Where are you based ? Apm customs are doing mine for a hell of a good price so I can keep you posted? :)

Whats the quote? I'm around the corner from those guys.

£1400 for a complete wrap :)!

Not too bad really considering the cost of a respray.

• Like 1

Where are you based ? Apm customs are doing mine for a hell of a good price so I can keep you posted? :)

Whats the quote? I'm around the corner from those guys.

£1400 for a complete wrap :)!

Not too bad really considering the cost of a respray.

Well respray was my frost approach, then it started totalling up just for the little bits I wanted doing, and wrapping preserved the paintwork anyway so :)

Exactly.

I'd take Hi Res pics of each panel before wrapping. If you ever sell, someone might think you're hiding a disaster under there.

That's a very good shout!!! I didn't think of that, although apm always take awesome pictures in the process, but definitely worth doing ! I have even started this! ..

11974e08a29d194430a5b2c1115c8e22.jpg

To pass on if I sell the car :)

• Like 1